Coat It product is awesome

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis8269

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am not sure if this has been shared or not. I am in the middle of a 98 tracker restoration. I just ripped out the transom and put in a new one. I painted it with this product called "coat it" the stuff is amazing. I am also going to be coating my decking and flooring with it. Kind of pricing but I think it is worth the piece of mine.
https://www.tapplastics.com/product/fiberglass/epoxy_resins/coat_it_epoxy_sealer_with_kevlar/30

I will update with pictures later.

I got a free 8' plywood hydroplane that had holes that you could see daylight thru. Being a kid I saved up but could only afford a quart of the competitors stuff called Gluvit. It fixed it even thou I really needed a gallon. It was fun sliding in turns and racing around but believe it or not my 6 hp johnson was faster on the 10 flat bottom tin. I got $75 for that boat. A fortune for a kid in those days. That stuff was great and I bet the new stuff is even better.

I used an 8lb can of Goop Coat-it on the bottom of my leaky jet jon. Problem solved. I agree it is good stuff. Had to order out of the US as it is not sold in Canada for some reason.

Latest posts