Tin boat newb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeredude64

Reaction score
Hey guys. As the title says I am new to the tin boats forum however I'm not new to boats. I currently have a 19' champ glass bass boat that is my main fishing platform. I have recently just picked up a couple of flat bottom aluminum boats on the cheap (free is always the best kind right). With a free boat you always assume for the worst and well these boats needles to say have been well used. I'm not sure on brands of the boats but one is a 12' and the other is 16'. No motors and with the norm they both have leaks. Right now I'm in the process of using s grinder and flap disc as well as a wire brush on the 12' to get the gunk cleaned off that the previous owner put on to keep it from leaking. I'm going to try and have the spots welded (as non are in the rivits) and the coat the whole boat with somethings to just protect it and keep it from leaking any more. I also want something very tough and durable as this is my new pond jumper so it will be drug through the timber and grass and rocks etc... from your alls experience what is the best for this application. I have looked at steelflex but I'm considering some type of truck bed costing if it would work. I'm not worried about speed or 3 people fishing from this, it will just be me and a couple of boxes of tackle and a few poles. As of right now I have a 24lb thrust trolling motor going on it. Thanks again for the help and insite.

Latest posts