need input on a decking issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghoti

Reaction score
I have been designing and redesigning for my deck and researching it to death for awhile and today for the first time I just realized that the area is too long and too wide to use a sheet of plywood . My deck area is 82" long and 54" wide at the widest part and just under 48" at the bow. I am looking for ideas on how to approach this. I will be using the existing front deck and middle seat as support with 2x2 framed support in between. I plan on a livewell in the middle seat area and a couple hatches to access the middle storage area. I cannot seem to visualize how to come up with the added inches without it looking like a jigsaw puzzle. I will be carpeting the deck and would like to minimize the number of seems. I do have a Kreg pocket jig system that I could use to join the pieces together. Just looking for a few ideas Thanks.

Welcome Aboard !

photos of your concerns are always helpful for more accurate feedback.
the oversized decks are always an issue here as where and how to join things together.
if you overthink it - it will certainly be overthunk.
keep it simple. use the search feature in the upper right hand corner for any questions
you may have. such as "how to join plywood". chances are your concerns have been covered many times.
if done correctly, plywood seams will not be visible once you put the carpet down.
just like building a floor in a house, you design the subfloor seams to go over a support joist.
make a plan
make drawings
share photos

Latest posts