Help identify boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
My brother n law has this boat he got free. It is about 13.5 feet long. It has no S/N on it that I could see. It has no data plate either. It is about 5' across at widest point. Here are some close up pics he had. Can anyone help me out with identifying the make and model? It is in OK and I need to determine what it will take to get it registered.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 818
You would think that that small bow piece, where the painter (bowline) attaches, would be a dead give-away to the brand. Unfortunately, I don't know it ...

Looks like that 2nd 'V'-shaped bow piece was added on later. Or perhaps the front part was added later and the original V-part of the extreme bow piece was cut-away to allow the one with the 'fancy rope loop' to fit. This should be EASY to check ... as the splice/junction from gunnel rail to the big V-piece looks odd or not as refined a transition as I would believe it to be.

To me, it has some distinctive features similar to, if not identical to, an old (1975) made for the US Marines tin 14-footer I once had, in that:

- Sort of rounded/bulbous side profile to the bow
- Strap supports from sides of hull to the seats, though mine had 2 per seat side
- Slight 'tumblehome' on rear stern quarters
- Drain plug was a boss placed vertically in the floor, stern quadrant same as shown

Not that it is the same manufacturer, but maybe you have an earlier vintage of the hull, where maybe the original maker sold out or was absorbed by them. I don't have the boat, but I saved the original data plate and I'll try to look for it ...

Yep, that nosepiece should be all you need. But I dug pretty hard and came up empty. It will be interesting if somebody finds it.

I am just shocked that there is no data plate or S/N on anywhere. Have they always put the data plates on? If nit that would tell me something.

The boat was obviously modified in a past life. Anything that is held on with a rusty orange fastener is probably not original. The john boat type floor with the support bars combined with a V nose... the seats tops and top rail are not original.... It's gonna take some detective work.. that might explain the nose casting too.. might have been something added later...

Shaugh said:
The boat was obviously modified in a past life. Anything that is held on with a rusty orange fastener is probably not original. The john boat type floor with the support bars combined with a V nose... the seats tops and top rail are not original.... It's gonna take some detective work.. that might explain the nose casting too.. might have been something added later...

The jam we are in is on how to register the boat in Oklahoma. We have a bill of sale but not title on boat, motor or trailer. I dont think Oklahoma requires the trailer to be registered.

The place to start is the numbers that are blacked out on the side. Is it an OK registration ? You need to contact that states department.. they should have the details to get it transferred.

Shaugh said:
The place to start is the numbers that are blacked out on the side. Is it an OK registration ? You need to contact that states department.. they should have the details to get it transferred.

Texas registration in 2003. Would they keep records that long?

It's worth a try... Getting a salvage title is usually a pain... if you can get a title out of TX you'd be way ahead..

This boat strongly resembles an early to mid 50's ArkansasTraveler. It would appear the oak strip gunnels have been replaced and possibly other changes to the end and bow caps.

bunny said:
This boat strongly resembles an early to mid 50's ArkansasTraveler. It would appear the oak strip gunnels have been replaced and possibly other changes to the end and bow caps.

I agree
After looking up data on the EX-14 the measurements match as do other pics I found except of course it is in really bad shape.

Thanks a lot to all who assisited

Latest posts