Bought a new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole

Reaction score
Pulled a new boat home today. I'm super excited, xpress all welded1650vj with yamaha 25hp 4stroke electric start.

Just needs,
Floor
Seats
Lights
Gas tank
Battery
And a millionother things lol
Trailer needs modified too.

Thanks for all the great ideas on this forum. Ps glad to be back in a tin.

Attachments

• 20170628_161510.jpg
    20170628_161510.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,475
  • 20170628_161452.jpg
    20170628_161452.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,475
Impressive. Good lookin' rig for sure.

On the floor, you can build it no problem but you may find it less hassle to just buy the floor from the manufacturer and put it in yourself. That is, if they offer it separate. Definitely a good investment (the floor). Mine came with it, for an extra $50 and I'm so glad I got it. It is the first tin I've had with a real floor in it and love it.

Lights. I have been using LED's for everything including the running lights, doesn't drain the battery as fast.

seats. Tempress. Only way to go, in my opinion. Except the camo Tempress seats, which fade quickly. They are more expensive, but worth every single penny!

Seriously, though, that's a really nice boat! Congratulations. Keep us up to date with your mods.

Is that the newer lighter 25hp? I so I know a bunch of us would like to see real time numbers....whether here or in the motors section.
Nice set up

Thanks for the kind words.

I never thought of seeing if the factory has a floor.

This is not the new lighter Motors. The boat is new, the motor is a 2 year old demo motor. They replaced the demo with the new lighter motor.

Spent the day redoing the trailer to fit this boat. This is the 4 th boat on this taller. Moved the winch forward and lowered it. Also spread and lowered the bunks. Put a bow skid on the tailer. Then made some side guide bunks.

After that it was time to take it out on it's first float. It was me and the two kids. Did really great, 28mph top speed planned out well. Didn't get a single drop of spray in the boat. Thankful i got the tall transom. I did the full speed to kill the motor. And the wave didn't come over the transom.

I had never been in a modified v before. Only flat bottom and deep vee's. I was really happy this is the best of both. It turned like a v bottom but went shallow like a flat bottom.

Attachments

• 20170630_173913.jpg
    20170630_173913.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,385
Put some cleats on today, i really needed them when i went out solo. I couldn't tie to the dock. And let the next guy down the ramp. I had to beach it on the ramp, go park real fast then run back down to get in the water. Blocking anybody from using the ramp.

I need to get wires to the bow but the manufacturer used spray foam instead of blocks of foam. I can't fish them through the ribs under the front deck because of the foam. I'm open to suggestion on getting the wires up there.

Cole said:
Put some cleats on today, i really needed them when i went out solo. I couldn't tie to the dock. And let the next guy down the ramp. I had to beach it on the ramp, go park real fast then run back down to get in the water. Blocking anybody from using the ramp.

I need to get wires to the bow but the manufacturer used spray foam instead of blocks of foam. I can't fish them through the ribs under the front deck because of the foam. I'm open to suggestion on getting the wires up there.
Does it not have a hatch up there that provides access to a conduit, most do? If not usually you can take a pressure washer with a turbo nozzle and cut that foam if you can get the wand where you need to and open up an access for the wires.

Love the look of your boat, I like em plain like that, maybe with a seat for my tired back but not much else, keep it light (how I like em') you do what makes you happy.

I don't know how much smoother it will ride compared with a flat bottom boat as dead rise can't be 6-8 degrees, would love to hear a full review when you can.

Oh a pressure washer i like that idea. I own a construction company we have a 16hp 4500psi machine.

My last tin boat was a tracker it had the channel to run wires through. This one as far as i can tell does not. I just need a bow light is all. I go night fishing and camping. I'm going to keep this boat simpler than my last one.

Tomorrow I'm taking it out on the Mississippi river, that will give me a good idea of rough water performance. The barges have pretty large wakes.

Cole said:
Oh a pressure washer i like that idea. I own a construction company we have a 16hp 4500psi machine.

My last tin boat was a tracker it had the channel to run wires through. This one as far as i can tell does not. I just need a bow light is all. I go night fishing and camping. I'm going to keep this boat simpler than my last one.

Tomorrow I'm taking it out on the Mississippi river, that will give me a good idea of rough water performance. The barges have pretty large wakes.
It makes a mess somewhat but will cut it like a razor.

Latest posts