alum angle brackets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
Haven't done the floor yet but it'll be framed with aluminum angle for sure. Instead of buying a special blade I bought a bunch of these brackets which will save a lot of time:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182649481188

Will do. There are lots of pics in the threads around here. Basically need them to rivet the edges of angle to other angle and ribs, etc.

My latest project boat is a Tracker. EVERY single pop rivet was broken off in EVERY hinge of all the doors/ hatches . I decided to not go that route when I put them back. I used 10-24 or 10-32 stainless steel bolts with lock nutsIMG_1392.JPG.im hoping the next owner don't have that problem.

That's a nice find to be able to buy those little bracket sections - cutting those small pieces to anchor angle structure is a PITA to do quickly with a hacksaw and is dangerous with a circular saw.

After my last build I got smart and took a sacrificial piece of 2x3 and went through drilling the holes on each side of the angle then drove a screw through the angle into the wood so when cut the angle didn't get caught in the saw and jam or go shooting out. Time consuming but at least the cuts come out nicely and the drill holes are evenly spaced. One of the few things I've gotten done to date with the 16'...

For all the time I spent on it though I wish I'd just ordered 50 of them and been done with it.

Latest posts