CMC Power trim units

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrabbit

Reaction score
Are CMC Power Trim and Tilt units any good? I really want trim and tilt.. was going to sell my Johnson 25 for a new 2017 Yammie F25 but the $6500 Canadian pesos I can not justify. :(

I'm curious if these CMC units are a good option? Does anybody here have one? Are there other better brands I should search?

I'd consider a power trim and tilt kit made for my motor if I could find one but I've had no luck with that either.

It's a 95 Johnson 25 (J25TEEOR) converted to forward control.

I love my CMC trim tilt for my mariner 30hp. It's been there for 4 years now and no issues. I'm ordering another one for my other boat as well. It also mounts the motor up and back a few more inches which increased my top speed. Highly recommended!!

When I started searching for sellers carrying the CMC units I discovered the Panther Integral 55-0025. This is an integrated Tilt and Trim designed for the Johnson/Evinrude 20-35hp. Weighs a little less and I won't need to buy a new steering cable either. My current steering cable does not have 2 millimeters to spare lol.

Amazon Canada had 1 in stock for $732 ($560 US) and was the actual shipper/seller so I pulled the trigger!

Hopefully I made the right choice!

Spec sheet
https://96bda424cfcc34d9dd1a-0a7f10f87519dba22d2dbc6233a731e5.r41.cf2.rackcdn.com/panthermarineproducts/55-0025_spec_hansen.pdf

manual
https://96bda424cfcc34d9dd1a-0a7f10f87519dba22d2dbc6233a731e5.r41.cf2.rackcdn.com/panthermarineproducts/55-0025_Install_hansen.pdf

Thanks guys. I decided against the CMC already.. Marinetech/Panther makes a completely integrated trim kit for my Johnson which fit's just like factory T&T, and maintains the kick back feature so I ordered one...

should be here Friday.

thanks!

I would also like power tilt and trim, but can't see spending that kind of money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I Would have a hard time justifying $700 to add power trim too, but I have ZERO dollars invested in my Johnson from making deals buying and selling a couple boats last year. On top of that, I boat in some very uneven shallow water... Power trim is going to be fantastic.

I Got the Panther 25 installed tonight. Very easy simple install and she seems to work great! Looking forward to the weekend :)

Latest posts