I got a new Tin Boat!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paper

Reaction score
And it's FAST!!! Anything called a Fury has to be!!! :LOL2:

I'm the proud owner of a 12' Fury (not the same as Furry, or Furby, but I sense the jokes coming..) :lol:

So, anyway, it's wearing a 72' Johnson 9.5, and the trailer is solid.. I don't know the year of the boat, though..

The boat was inherited by a buddy's son, and was his grandfather's boat. He told me about memories of fishing with Grandma and Grandpa in it, and yes, if he EVER decides he wants it back it will be his without thought.. Unfortunately, there's no paperwork and nobody seems to know what year the boat was made.

So, here's the pics!!

IMG_6307-L.jpg

IMG_6304-L.jpg

IMG_6308-L.jpg

IMG_6305-XL.jpg

Nice.

Registration for a "shed boat" in Wisconsin is a breeze. I 'd presume IL is probably MUCH easier. :roll:

Wear your darned PFD.

Kismet said:
Nice.

Registration for a "shed boat" in Wisconsin is a breeze. I 'd presume IL is probably MUCH easier. :roll:

Wear your darned PFD.

Yes sir.. :D

And it's going to be a Weescansan boat registration.. It's been around for a while, as it's got WI, IL, and Lake Summerset, IL registration numbers on it.. :LOL2:

That's a nice rig.

I have the same motor, but a 1966, on my 14' tinner. These are great motors. Mine has NEVER failed to start.

Enjoy!

CMOS

Silly, it doesn't have legs!!
LOL

Actually I haven't had a chance to get it in the water, yet.
I'm on vacation (riding motorcycle) but hope to get it out in the next couple weeks. I'll see what the GPS says.
I'm hoping for 15mph?

Jim said:
Awesome!! Now you need a tinboats decal for it, pm me your mailing info! Jim

I appreciate that, Jim, but I still have one from before that will be going on it this weekend!!
I think I have all the needed items and will be mounting the new battery, trolling motor, locator, and mounting all the other trinkets for fishing.. I just got back from a 3000 mile motorcycle trip and am going to work on the boat after work this week.. I'm hoping to be hauling in Bluegills and Catfish by the weekend!!! \:D/

Well, she floats!!
I was on a No Gas Motor lake, so I just used the trolling motor, but it did great!!
(notice the sticker on the front) :lol:

IMG_6351-L.jpg

And the first fish.. Little bluegill that got tossed back.. I did catch a few decent ones, and I saw a HUGE bass. (Very clear lake)

IMG_6352-L.jpg

Great craft.

Needs oars---motors run better when you have oars.

I needed some weight up front when I had the 10 hp motor, gas can and me in back in my 12.

Wear your PFD

Well, I had to pick up a new fuel line and the gas tank that came with the boat is solid, but I have no idea what the end on the tank fits, so I bought a new tank and universal fitting.
Tonight I filled up a 5 gallon bucket and mixed some fuel, and after three pulls it popped and the forth pull had it running nicely!
I kept an eye on the water spout and after less than a minute of higher idle I still had no coolant water coming out, so I shut it down. The water level was way above the inlets on this little 1972 9.5 hp Johnson, so rather than risk damage, I just shut it down, dumped the bucket and came inside and ordered an impeller kit on eBay from a very reputable seller with 100% positive feedback on 1800 sales. $29 well spent, I figure.
I've replaced the impeller on my 1986 Yamaha 15hp and my service manual for this Johnson should be here well before the kit arrives.
Looking forward to doing this service, and getting this little workhorse out on the river!!