Now THIS is a tin boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and I have seen some jets out west they run rivers with that have made me drool. But they have waaay deeper pockets than I do.

Reasonably common out this way. People use them to build an oceanfront cabin on an otherwise inaccessible island. Come up on my local Craigslist every so often.

stinkfoot said:
Reasonably common out this way. People use them to build an oceanfront cabin on an otherwise inaccessible island. Come up on my local Craigslist every so often.
I have to ask from a totally novice standpoint. Why the rail around the motor. To keep it from bumping into other boats and docks?

nccatfisher said:
stinkfoot said:
I have to ask from a totally novice standpoint. Why the rail around the motor. To keep it from bumping into other boats and docks?
It's not, look again, rail ties into the cabin. It is an optical illusion, there are 2 outboards, look through the glass at the other one.

1244 Atchafalaya Outdoor Designs W/ 12hp Copperhead

Darryle said:
nccatfisher said:
stinkfoot said:
It's not, look again, rail ties into the cabin. It is an optical illusion, there are 2 outboards, look through the glass at the other one.

What he said. Rail is in front of the motors.

Darryle said:
nccatfisher said:
stinkfoot said:

OK, gotcha. See what you are talking about.

Johnny said:
I had the opportunity to drive the Navy's LCM-6 for two years when I was in the Navy with the Seabees.
a real blast for someone that has only run outboards.

Drooling over that boat!
I also ran LCM's in the Navy, turn on a dime and walk sideways, can still vision the spray coming back over the boat as the bow crashed into waves, absolutely fun to run and my favorite also! We also had enclosed ones (LCM-P) that we used to move the Bubblehead crews back and forth with, same hull just enclosed so we could use them to transport personnel.

yep - we had the LCM-8 that was converted to the personnel carrier
to shuttle the workforce from one island to another (LaMaddalena, Sardinia).
I was not allowed to drive the "mike eight".
I miss those days with the Navy's elite construction battalions !!

If I had the funds and close access to a marina, I would love to have one of Dale's
lobsta boats with a pair of Chevy 283s in it....... just looks like a fun boat.

Take your pick . . .

https://www.lifetymeboats.com/work-boats.html
=D> =D> =D>

Latest posts