Grumman Sport Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinny Fleet

Reaction score
Friends:

I wonder if anyone has had experience with the Grumman Sport Boat. Its a wide square stern canoe type craft, than can be paddled, rowed or powered. Looks like it might be a good all purpose back country rig for the top of your truck.

Any experiences to share?

Thanks in advance

Good luck finding one. I've been looking for 10 years and they have been gone the day they pop up.

Stumpalump said:
Good luck finding one. I've been looking for 10 years and they have been gone the day they pop up.

and when they do show up for sale, the current owners are very very proud of them.

But a great all-purpose design, like most compromises, not quite perfect for any one thing, but great for variety. Little heavy to hump, little wide to paddle far, little small for big water...
but a great boat.

Think Pappy has one; I've got a Golden Hawk 13' fiberglass which is similar, and years ago had a Stowe (I think) which did all the things I didn't have time to do and was built much on the lines of the Sport Boat.

im not familiar with the grumman but if you havnt checked out sportspal (made by meyers) it may be worth a look. theyre kinda pricey but seem to have good feedback from owners. they make a sportboat model, not sure what its called.

Latest posts