Bow plate for 14' Bluestar Aluminum semi-v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skanders01

Reaction score
I am finishing up restoration of a 1965 (allegedly) BlueStar Super Chief 14' aluminum. All is complete except for the new boat numbers an replacement of an old piece of plywood with a proper aluminum bow plate. I have done some internet searching, but to no avail.

So, I am in need of leads for places to go looking next. Any suggestions from the audience?? Thanks in advance for any leads.

Would be interesting to know what it looked like originally, but have not been able to find any pictures or literature for this boat. Would appreciate any help in finding any literature as well.

Crossing my fingers someone out there has the keys to my needs.

Here are a couple of pictures. Plywood at bow is gone, just have a small piece of aluminum resting on bow rails in these pictures.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 100_2301.JPG
    100_2301.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 459
  • 100_2303.JPG
    100_2303.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 100_2305.JPG
    100_2305.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 459
I think you are asking for advice on how to find a bow plate? If yes, suggest you go to Fish On Fabricators (a TinBoats.net sponsor). They can make one for you. I have had a dealing with them in the past and was very satisfied. They will ship anywhere.

Yes, and rereading my post I wondered what I was asking for as well! Thanks for battling for the confusion, and thanks for the lead. I'll give them a call.

Regards,

Kyle

skanders01 said:
Yes, and rereading my post I wondered what I was asking for as well! Thanks for battling for the confusion, and thanks for the lead. I'll give them a call.

Regards,

Kyle

Haha, not a problem. Half the time I have to ask someone else what exactly I meant to say!

If you click on FishOnFabricators website (listed under sponsors), then click on "customer fabrications" and scroll down, you can see a bow cap they made for a RiverHawk Boat. Note I am not affiliated in any way with them. I just thought their work product and pricing was pretty good.

Latest posts