Seat position offset question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
So I own a Lowe 1600, The front pedestal seat is to close to the bow. In the picture you can see the dotted line is my livewell, The square with the dot is where my pedestal seat goes. To the right is my foot pedal for the trolling motor. I cannot move the seat back because of the live well. Does anybody know of an offset bracket or have any ideas to get positioned further back? I looked into the offset poles but those only put me 4inches back...
3290831ea3f44389d942d3988f1b3469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photos of your actual rig may help with more accurate feedback.
also, you did not mention exactly how far back you want to go........

how close is the pedestal mount to the live well now ?
are the live well hinges on the fore or aft side ?

one option would be to visit a weld shop to see if they can fabricate
a custom off-set post ..... but the more off center you are, the more stress will be put on the mounting bracket.

another option would be to reconfigure the deck and hatch cover to the live well
to be solid in the middle for the pedestal mount and have two hatch covers, one on each side.
of course this will be your most labor intensive way to go.
39.jpg

If you have a 3/4 inch post, they sell offset bases. That along with an off set post would set you back a bit.
f07c28bd6c8260c3233e567a6a19b1f5.jpg

schukster said:
If you have a 3/4 inch post, they sell offset bases. That along with an off set post would set you back a bit.
f07c28bd6c8260c3233e567a6a19b1f5.jpg

I could switch to that style to gain some room but I currently have the large tapered style. I'll be getting an actual picture up shortly.
As far as splitting the live well lid I'm not sure how I could support the weight across the 2 edges of the well.

One of our smarter members (not me) suggested that you add a post BEHIND the front deck.

Look at the post from Shaugh. If you added a tubular (PVC ??) support under that extension, it might do the trick.

richg99

https://www.forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43262

Was thinking of putting another insert on the lower floor behind the livewell. Problem is a tall enough post

Any way you could add a small deck extension and add the seat base to that?
Here's pics. of a larger deck extension with a seat base installed.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,436
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,435
It will all depend on how much space you have. Adding storage AND a seat pedestal looks great. (from Overboard).

Shaugh's idea, with an added vertical post under it, should work, too.
file.php

richg99

richg99 said:
It will all depend on how much space you have. Adding storage AND a seat pedestal looks great. (from Overboard).

Shaugh's idea, with an added vertical post under it, should work, too.

richg99

I like the extension of the platform that may be a winter project.

I think Johnny had the right idea. Weld up a strong steel post that bends 90 degrees to the rear, just above the height of the live well lid when it's open. Travels backward about a foot then turns vertical again to attach the seat... sort of a sideways Z... As long as you make it from strong steel, and reinforce the deck plate with another larger thicker plate underneath, there should be no limitations. Even a jumbo person could be allowed for with the right materials.

It might be kind of cool to have that big pivoting Z post... you could move to sit in an arc almost anywhere on the deck.... Somebody in the boat business should come up with that...

Shaugh said:
I think Johnny had the right idea. Weld up a strong steel post that bends 90 degrees to the rear, just above the height of the live well lid when it's open. Travels backward about a foot then turns vertical again to attach the seat... sort of a sideways Z... As long as you make it from strong steel, and reinforce the deck plate with another larger thicker plate underneath, there should be no limitations. Even a jumbo person could be allowed for with the right materials.

It might be kind of cool to have that big pivoting Z post... you could move to sit in an arc almost anywhere on the deck.... Somebody in the boat business should come up with that...

bf7f04f6b2ba6597d28c065cb4b70143.jpg

Like this?

yep... that way you don't have to mess with the live well... The lid will still open ...

Swivel eze makes one... but you could probably do better on your own... maybe buy one of these and cut / extend it a few more inches:

Attwood-Marine-7062-3-Swivl-Eze-Offset-Swiveling-Seat-Mount-Extension-Post-seating-hardware-boat-New-Jersey.jpg

Then put a nice thick steel plate on the deck under the current plate and about 3" inches bigger all the way around..

I've got two of these and I love them. They give you about 3 or 4 inches of extra foot space and make the deck feel so much larger.

https://www.amazon.com/Springfield-Marine-1610413-OSS-Kingpin-Offset/dp/B001EYINXW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501160346&sr=8-2&keywords=offset+seatpost

31OYu6irbiL.jpg

I use those in conjunction with the offset seat bases in my little 1436 and they work great for getting the seat out of the way of hatch covers etc...

I really liked the idea of that big Z post... with it you could position yourself all over that front deck. that's what I hate about fixed seats... you always wish you could move your chair... Somebody with some business sense could make a fortune with that idea...

Latest posts