Alumacrafts...F, FD, F7

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassoreno

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an olde Alumacraft to chuck in some of the small, local lakes...We have 963 lakes in my NW Wisconsin County so there's a lot to choose from...I've looked at an FD but I haven't seen an F or F7 in the flesh yet...I will be doing ZERO modifications and want a clean, untampered with original boat...All 3 models are readily available and the specs are so close that it doesn't seem to make much difference...All are within an inch of 14', have 54" or 55" beams and 52" transoms...The FD is heaviest at 204# with the F at 175 and the F7 the lightest at 169...I just want to mount an electric on the transom to putt around with...Can the experts here fill me in on any significant differences that make one model superior to the others...Thanks so much for any input... [-o<

https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Aluma_craft#Model_Information

<---not an expert

But in recent years, I've been buying and rehabbing old Alumacraft boats. I've had a Model F and a Model F7, plus an A, and the 12 foot RB..and one other.

I kept the Model F. Of those I've had, it is the most stable, choppy lake smooth, and spacious. I've been messing with the 12 foot RB, 'cuz it's a fun little boat.

So, of those you've mentioned, I'd recommend an F model, but boy...there are few things more unique to an individual that his/her choice of watercraft.

I have only used 10 hp Johnson motors on the boats...that's about my limit for lifting these days, but the F, FD and maybe the F7 can take up to a 25hp, I think.

Enjoy the search, be safe in the boat.

Latest posts