Please recommend a good brand of marine carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holdnon72

Reaction score
I'm gonna be covering the bench seats in my Lowe 1240 jon boat. I went to lowes and they sell a carpet with rubber backing on it. But it did not seem like a good quality at all. It was really fray like. I then went to home depot and they also carry exterior carpet. But the home depot brand has no rubber back on it. I think that would be better because it would dry faster.

Can someone recommend a good brand online or would the home depot exterior carpet with no rubber backing be ok? It says the carpet is made from recycled plastic bottles. Also should I use contact cement or exterior carpet glue? Thanks for any info

I have bought rubber backed marine carpet for my bassboats from this guy on Ebay.
https://stores.ebay.com/boatcarpetsales?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Don't use the stuff fro HD or Loews as it most likely isn't treated for mold and mildew. I used it once on a jon boat and mold always grew on it. I actually sprayed it with Round Up one time to kill the mold but it grew back.LOL

As far a glue: you can use either the contact cement (Dapp Weldwood Gel Formula) is good stuff but because it bonds so fast it doesn't leave much room for error. Or good "outdoor" carpet adhesives such as Roberts will work.

When I re-carpet fiberglass bassboats. I use an adhesive like Roberts for all the large flat areas. Then use the Weldwood contact cement for just the edges and fold over areas on the compartment lids. Hope this helps and Good luck with your project.

Latest posts