1964-65 LONE STAR RELIANT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I've been our cruising the local pastures again & found a '64-65 Eighteen Foot LONE STAR RELIANT on a 2-wheel SHORELINE trailer.
(The hull & trailer are "all there" except for the 2 "lay-down" seats, though both boat/trailer need significant repair/refinishing/repainting.)

So, THREE questions:
1. Do any of our members have GOOD color photos of a '64-65 RELIANT original seating/trim, so that I can copy the original design/color scheme??
2. Do any of you KNOW what company made the "lay-down" seats, as I'm told that Lone Star "contracted out" the seats to an "outside vendor"??
and
3. Do you feel that a PAIR of 40HP "Johnnyrude" 1964 OBs are enough power for the BIG/deep/wide "tinny"??
(Various sources recommend 100-120 HP for this hull.)

THANKS, satx

Tex - if you think the Johnson Javelin is a pretty motor,
the Super Sea Horse is right behind it in popularity.

a pair of 1959 Johnson Super Sea Horse "Fat Fifty" motors would look awesome !!
Fat Fifty.jpg

and of course, a couple of 1960 40hp Super Sea Horses would also be the Cat's Meow !!
good luck in your journey !

Johnny,

AGREED 100%.

Believe it or not, a guy here in SA found/bought a NOS Fat Fifty at a "U-Store-It" facility auction for 100 bucks.
(Why don't I ever get that LUCKY??)

Thomas T_______________________ was asked what he was going to do with his "new old motor" & he said, "Run it on my 1959 Alumacraft. I didn't buy it to look at."

yours, satx

Dear Friends,

Fwiw, a member sent me four suitable photos of his RELIANT, so now I just need to know who the 2 back-to-back lounge seats were made by.

BTW, his RELIANT is utterly BEAUTIFUL. = WHITE hull accented with Royal Blue.
(He put "pedestal seats" in his, which isn't to my taste. But that's what makes horseraces.)

His Reliant is powered with a 1970s-era 90HP Johnson.

yours, satx

I'd love to see photo's of this ol' tin. But what I really need is to get in touch w/ whomever it takes to get a replacement badge for my 64' Lone*Star "V" bottom.

I purchased it and saw on the back, top, left transom where it was attached. Long oval patina w/ 2 alignment wholes where the mounting pins were set.

It would be nice to get a white logo sticker as well. Any suggestions ??
Thanks for your generous consideration,
Sincerely ......................

Attachments

• Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat 3.jpg
    Boat 3.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 0