Who is on here from Florida?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey richg99, I am from the Tampa area, you should have no problem catching a snook with a guide they just throw hand fulls of sardines out and the snook go nuts. You'll have a blast. I'd take you up on your offer but I usually head out of town for the week ends and travel up the coast to Steinhatchee, scallop season is in full swing and I have a place up there and like to try to escape the rat race when ever I can. Good luck and catch a big one. :)

Thanks, Surfman. I understand but have never "fished" for scallops.

From what I've read, though, it sounds like every boat in South Florida goes scalloping during your season. No such thing in Texas (or Tennessee).

Would you know of a place near Tampa or even further up the coast, that I could wade on and have a shot at catching reds; speckled trout; or flounder? Same question regarding renting a kayak and fishing out of it?

Just trying to stretch my time a little since I will be there anyhow.

regards, richg99

Probably the best place to wade would be Ft. Desoto Park which is at the south end of Pinellas County. When you drive out to the park you will come to a T in the road if you turn right it will take you to the fort and some really great beaches. There are also 2 fishing piers in that direction if your into that. If you turn left it will take you to a great area for wade fishing. It is a good flat that is pretty large and has good sea grass and usually always holds trout and red fish plus others. Google Ft Desoto Park, Florida. Good luck.

Rich, I don't know what my schedule will be like during your visit to the
SunShine State but will try to get away for at least a short Meet-n-Greet with you.

you may want to rethink that wading in the water thing - - - - -

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/a-more-dangerous-crocodile-surfaces-in-florida/

Thanks guys. My plans have changed somewhat. As you know, I recently acquired a new knee. The knee is fine, but I have been run down ever since.

My smart wife convinced me that 20 hours of driving wasn't smart. So, I will be flying into Tampa airport Friday. Fishing near Bradenton with a guide on Saturday morning. I'll then fly back to Nashville Sunday morning. Not what I planned, but makes the most sense. Richg99

p.s. Also, my PT pointed out that the incision may be healed, but the scabbing on the top is still flaking off. He said that I am taking a chance on infecting the wound if I wade or even go to the pool. Bah Humbug.

richg99 said:
p.s. Also, my PT pointed out that the incision may be healed, but the scabbing on the top is still flaking off. He said that I am taking a chance on infecting the wound if I wade or even go to the pool. Bah Humbug.

That PT is a PP (Party Pooper).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/06/texas-man-dies-leg-tattoo-flesh-eating-virus-gulf-of-mexico/373178001/

Well, no tattoos for me, that is for sure.

I considered just wearing my waders, but, in Florida in August, I'd probably die from heat exhaustion, instead of infection.

Better off this way, as long as I catch the snook.

regards, richg99