Does anybody have tracker grizzly with Rusty Steel rivets ho

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was familiar. A similar topic was posted three days ago on another boating forum. It was this member's first post at that forum too. He hasn't been back for follow up. Seems like this is part of a name-and-shame campaign, since he didn't actually ask for help fixing the problem.

There are really two options when you feel you are being wronged by a company.

Option 1 is to chalk your loss up to tuition, and fix the problem yourself. Should have read the warranty that you signed, which states that galvanic or stray current corrosion, or corrosion caused by saltwater is not covered.

Option 2 is to fight it. Take your chances with the arbitration to which you agreed, or get a lawyer, at your expense, and try to poke holes in their warranty until you get satisfaction. It'll probably cost you more than the $3,800 you paid for the boat. Chance of getting a positive result: slim.

I guess I overlooked option 3, which is to register at boating forums to complain, while failing to provide a reasoned, clear argument, or any evidence of any kind.

Good luck!

Mike - yep - I agree.

that is why I like to see PHOTOS of concerns such as this.
just hard to imagine this on a new boat. (he did not mention if it was new or used).
previous owners are notorious for using the incorrect material.
we live with it or fix it properly ~ as you say . . . .

.Mike said:
I thought this was familiar. A similar topic was posted three days ago on another boating forum. It was this member's first post at that forum too. He hasn't been back for follow up. Seems like this is part of a name-and-shame campaign, since he didn't actually ask for help fixing the problem.

I've seen point-n-shoot slur campaigns on other products and this post has the indications that it's one of them. What makes people do that? OP, if you're for real, post back, if not your BS tactic did not work.

Latest posts