Blue Star boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skanders01

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a circa early 60's Blue Star aluminum fishing/utility boat? Mine is missing the bow plate/cover. Mine is missing whatever it should have come from the factory, and I would like to restore my missing bow plate to something similar to that. Or, maybe someone has a picture of what it looked like from the factory.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to assist.

Kyle

The picture with the plywood is how it was when I bought it. The other two are as it is now; looking at the bow from the stern, and the other picture was taken as I was trying to bend an aluminum sheet template around the curve of the gunwales (if I am using and spelling the term correctly.)

There is an inordinate number of holes drilled through the gunwales at the bow end. The plywood was screwed through them, but they may have been there to attach an extended bow cover ...not sure.

Thanks for asking.

Attachments

• 01616_7ykWcHedZgI_600x450[1].jpg
    01616_7ykWcHedZgI_600x450[1].jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 563
  • 100_2310.JPG
    100_2310.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 563
  • 100_2301.JPG
    100_2301.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 563
what kind of bow deck would you like to have ?
you have several options - depending on how you will
be using the boat the most often. plus will you be using a tiller or remote steer.

when I removed the lid off my Crestliner, it looked just like yours now.
full of holes where it had been modified over the years.
I filled both gunnels with spray foam so I could patch the holes that were not needed.
this gives you a foundation for the epoxy filler as well as a small bit of flotation.
the top deck lid is pop-riveted flush with the gunnels - it does not fold over.
and is reinforced from underneath. there are several good examples of bow decks in this forum.

CrestLiner 002.JPG

Latest posts