Moving rear pedestal on a 1993 Sea Nymph FM 164

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posted this in another forum, should have put it hear. I just picked up this boat as my small lakes boats, 10 HP limit. The problem is when My buddy is fishing with me, he is jammed against the side of the boat. I want to move the pedestal out towards the middle to give him swivel room. What is under the floor of this boat? I don't want to drill a hole in a hose or something. Is there aluminum under the floor? I will be using the raised base that is in the boat now that is fastened down with six heavy screws. Modified a lot of boats but never a Sea Nymph/Lowe so don't know what's under there....Thanks in advance

Owned a sea nymph in the 80's. Best as i remember there was a recall on these seat bases. Think they are a cup that seats in plywood. They were not conventional. Recalling from a long time ago, but if you move the base, there will probably be a hole left behind. Have owned some kind of boat for 45 years, but never, saw a base quite like those. Check with a sea nymph dealer, that recall may still active.

Latest posts