"YOU'RE GOING TO NEED A BIGGER BOAT"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Given the BAD weather here in south TX, I suspect that by Tuesday morning we WILL need a BIGGER boat.
(My lady is currently stranded in Houston & when she attempted to come to SA this afternoon, she was "turned around & ordered back to town" by a DPS trooper.)

At least, she is safe & sound tonight, though she's not where either of us want her to be spending the night. - She will try again tomorrow, if the weather breaks. Otherwise she will remain with family & friends.

IF my readers are "praying folks", PLEASE pray for our Texas 1st responders (whether volunteers or State/county/city employees), who are out there IN the storm, preserving lives & risking their own.

yours, satx

I pray all goes well with the 1st responders and for the residents of Texas. As someone who went through hurricane Hugo in 1989 I would prefer to get out of dodge if another one like that came my way. Before Hugo the Charleston SC area had not had a major hurricane of any notable size since hurricane Gracie in 1959. No one really left because they didn't know the power the storm was capable of. After Hugo the people were aware of the destruction a hurricane could cause. The next significant hurricane to come our way was hurricane Floyd in 1999. The people were eager to evacuate but the traffic nightmare turned to be more of a problem to the residents than the hurricane. The powers that be refused to reverse the lanes of the interstate for outbound traffic and they sat for hours stalled in traffic (8 hours or more) trying to leave. That experience led most of them to refuse to leave if another one heads our way. The state will wonder why people refuse to leave when that happens not realizing they were the ones who are causing people to refuse to leave with their actions during the last evacuation attempt. I have met many people who were not living here during Hugo that will not leave because they figure if their house went through Hugo it will go through the next one. Just because it went through the last one doesn't mean it will go through the next one.

KMixsom,

Fwiw, MANY people in south TX didn't leave this time because HARVEY wasn't considered likely to even become a hurricane by the NWS until <24 hours before he became a major hurricane. - By the time that hurricane warnings became well-known, a lot of coastal folks (like my lady, for example) were stranded where they currently were.

As of 1045 hours, 27AUG17, I have NO idea when she can escape Houston & SAFELY come to San Antonio. = It may be 5-8 days from now.
(I'm WORRIED about her safety.)

yours, satx

To All,

My lady is still in Houston in a 2nd floor apartment, which likely is above where the water will rise. Unfortunately, she cannot get out until the water recedes in 3-5 days.

"D" says that it looks like a lake as far as she can see from the windows.

I just hope all of our members & their loved ones here are OK.

yours, satx

To All,

UPDATE as of 1203AM on Sunday 17SEP17.

Well I finally got my lady, her brother & their uncle OUT of the MESS in Houston, got them to McKinney & finally found the 3 two apartments there.
(Bought all new furniture, we managed to keep the 2014 C-RV from being flooded but Peter lost his 2016 SUV to the flooding & her uncle lost everything, including his car.)

So we spent the last few days shopping for her some new professional clothes, found some usable clothes for the 2 men & have been shopping for a car or truck for Peter, so that he can go back to his profession.

In sum, we feel LUCKY that everyone is OK, that they all have a decent place to stay, that car shopping is moving along & generally all is well.

yours, satx

Glad everyone is OK. That was a freaking mess down there, and will be for some time to come.

One thing Harvey did to help all the men in Texas, our wives can no longer tell us that we don't need lifted trucks and john boats.

PsycoXP18CC; BillPlayfoot,

Well there is that. = Thank the Lord for the Cajun Navy & all the other volunteers, who saved so very many lives.

yours, tex

Latest posts