Boat carpet question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 3 rolls of this stuff to carpet my boat with.

I've got plywood cut and sealed and hope to apply this today. I'll let you know how it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, i would think it would be just as good, just without the "boat" markup.

If you want carpet, that looks just fine.

I chose to go with a vinyl instead of carpet. There are lots of discussions about whether carpet is harder to clean; holds fish slime, etc. I really have no answer. My current second boat comes with carpet, so I will learn something over the next year or two.

Somehow, saltwater guys seem to dislike carpet, while freshwater guys love carpet. Who knows?

Anyhow, I put this vinyl stuff on my 1656 G3. I like it. It is kind of like very heavy vinyl wallpaper. A bit slippery when wet, I'll say.

rich
https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C2276179%7C2276198%7C2276202&id=23740

That's the exact same carpet I used in my boat 2 years ago. It's great and still great after two hard years.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yeah, i'm not sure really what i am going to do. I don't really want to pull the deck up again to carpet it. Also, wiht the flexing of the aluminum i wonder how quickly it would damage the corners where it wraps under the plywood because i have a floating wood frame in there, so i would assume it moves a little....

Looks like it is on sale for a bit... i'm gonna have to think about it.

Attachments

• 20170822_151038.jpg
    20170822_151038.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,808
So far, so good with this carpet from Menards. Went on easy and looks great.
f711a6233b8706251c50d00869a14783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on this? I've been looking for an affordable carpet and this looks promising. Anyone else used it?

After now taking my first carpeted boat out a half dozen times, and catching a few fish....I think I hate carpet. Blood, hooks, mud and every other thing sinks into the stuff. When it rains or you wash it down, it stays wet for days.

It would be too big of a job to re-do my recent Lowe 1756 purchase right now, but as soon as the carpet shows some wear, I will be going back to my vinyl. I guess if I went barefooted while fishing, I might feel differently, but I don't. Just one old guy's opinion.

Rich, i tend to agree with you about carpet. Vinyl or in my case, went with painted plywood. Any thing that can be hosed down fits the bill for me. Used old timers formula and 2 coats of sand laden floor paint. Carpet works good for bass fisherman, had a tournament boat with original carpet, vacuum everytime went out. When it got wet took several days in garage before it dried out. Carpet is nice, but takes a lot of maintenance

Yes, I used the Menards carpet on both my boat projects. First one I used contact cement, the last one (16' Sylvan Deep V) I used the carpet adhesive Menards sells.
This is the version I use.
https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/carpet-carpet-tiles/indoor-outdoor-carpet/lancer-sundancer-indoor-outdoor-carpet-12-ft-wide/p-1444437374541-c-6542.htm?tid=6543697784337651242&ipos=3

I have no regrets using this carpet. Going on three years in the 16'. Most of the time it lives in the garage, however I fish ice out to ice up and don't care if its raining or snowing for that matter. Some of the more memorable weather, fishing events that have happened on this carpet.
Canada- 7" of rain in one night.
Numerous Crappie Tournaments in the rain and snow.
Minnows, worms, worm bedding, Crappie, Smallies, Northern, Walleye slime on the carpet.
Fish blood, my dog even pee'd on it, couple of times. One gets nervous while on-plane.
Asian Carp in the boat, I hate those things. Poke em and they bleed and slime up everything.
The list goes on. You get the idea. It's a multispecies fishing boat that I use on rivers, lakes and big bodies of water in all types of weather with all sorts of people. From grandkids, dogs, friends, the wife, and family.

I have no issues with carpet seperation, no issues with thin spots, fading, or staining. Clean up is simple, either I hose it off in the driveway, in the rain while driving home, or I vacuum it up at home. I vacuum it out every time she gets dirty, and one last time before she gets put up for the winter.
Check my signature for the build threads.

i used the indoor/outdoor carpet on my upper casting decks and sundeck vinyl on my cockpit deck on my last boat and they were still looking good after 7 years.in fact the carpet wore a little better than the vinyl.the carpet dried in less than an hour of sunlight but the sand it collected was a real pain,but goose turds my wife always seemed to mash into it scrubbed out with a little lake water no problems.

I also recently had a boat and the problem with the rug is one of the most urgent, at least I think so. Rats were constantly eating it, or it was moldy. I was already confused and tired of buying constantly new rugs for my boat. Therefore, I decided to open The Internet and look for a solution to this problem by reading different forums and asking people. I almost all unanimously said that the site ***link removed*** me in this it will help and they were absolutely right. I ordered an excellent carpet cleaner there and all my problems seemed to cease to exist. I advise everyone to purchase it because it is the best that humanity came up with

Latest posts