Aluminum Transom Extension

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinny Fleet

Reaction score
Friends:

Recently on this board we have discussed a "field expedient" method of raising a transom by using a piece of wood. On a fishing trip last week, The boat I was on had an aluminum extension on the transom. In this case it was designed to hold a jet motor as high as possible - higher than the normal transom height would permit.

So I took some pics.

This one was very solid but looked a bit home brewed. So if anyone knows where these can be obtained commercially it might be helpful to the rest of those that frequent this board.

Attachments

• Aluminum Transom Extension for Jet Boat front view.JPG
    Aluminum Transom Extension for Jet Boat front view.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Aluminum Transom Left Rear.JPG
    Aluminum Transom Left Rear.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Aluminum Transom Right rear.JPG
    Aluminum Transom Right rear.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,060
Tinny Fleet said:
Friends:

Recently on this board we have discussed a "field expedient" method of raising a transom by using a piece of wood. On a fishing trip last week, The boat I was on had an aluminum extension on the transom. In this case it was designed to hold a jet motor as high as possible - higher than the normal transom height would permit.

So I took some pics.

This one was very solid but looked a bit home brewed. So if anyone knows where these can be obtained commercially it might be helpful to the rest of those that frequent this board.

https://outboardjets.com/download/transom_bracket/TRANSOM BRACKET.pdf Here you go. Also your pics above show the jet foot way too low even with a riser. I'm sure it comes up a bit when planing but the front of your intake should be level with the bottom of the boat.

Latest posts