What's your favorite boat layout for bass fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarba11

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in awhile as I sold my boat but glad to be back. So a few years ago I owned an alumacraft 1442 with no center seat, didn't realize how much I loved it til I sold it and went fishing without it. Now I'm ready to buy one again, liked alumacraft so will probably stay with them unless there is comparable for cheaper.

My family has a place in a electric only lake community so the majority of my fishing is done there with only a trolling motor. There is access to a large power lake within a half hour so I'm debaiting a mod-v style. Most likely will go to a 1448 from the 1442 for added stability. What are the pros and cons of a standard seat vs. ncs vs. split rear seat vs. split center seat? I'm leaning towards another ncs model; my last one, if I had a third on the boat, we brought a cooler with a cushion and stuck it in the middle. I built an aluminum floor, would plan on doing the same.

Also, can a center console kit be adapted to a ncs model in the future if I decided to run a gas motor?

1442 NCS is the same boat I have. I would hate having the bench in the middle. A cooler is always on board anyway, so I would always opt for a model that's open in the middle as that cooler works for sitting anyway. My 1442 is electric only now with the pending sale of my 8 hp Merc. It is the perfect size boat for me and the places I fish.

No center seat is very desirable. The open floor plan leaves room for gear and you're not constantly stepping over the bench trying to move around.

If it wasn't such a can of worms, I'd have chopped the center seat of my 1448 out already. I wouldn't even bother with a split middle bench.

Split rear bench I could take or leave. Might be more comfortable if you do a lot of trolling or something.

Latest posts