Excel 220 Bay Pro

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan28

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Excel brand of boats? I'll be in the market for a new bay style boat in the 20-22ft range next spring. I'm not sure if I'll go aluminum or fiberglass at this point so I'm doing as much research on both as I can. If I go aluminum I'm liking the looks (and reviews) of the Seaark boats. The Seaark 2072 VFX center console is a nice looking boat. The Excel 220 Bay Pro looks real nice but I haven't found much info on them. I asked in another thread about a new Crestliner 2200 Bay but was told new Crestliners aren't as good as they used to be. If you have any input on these boats I'd like to hear it. Thanks

I'd pick the crestliner out of those three but if you are looking for a bay boat then buy one from one of the west coast manufactures that builds real ones not one from the east coast builders that is catering to the bass bling market. Klamath and Weldcraft come to mind. If you just one the look and feel then OK but if you want a boat to beat in bay conditions and you have new boat funds then buy a bad *** boat that will perform in it and not that plastic bling crap to designed to impress you buddies with rangers. Weldcraft and others build exactly what you want and not a one size fits all. Tell them the boats you have been shopping and let them build you a real bay boat that will impress you.

Stumpalump said:
I'd pick the crestliner out of those three but if you are looking for a bay boat then buy one from one of the west coast manufactures that builds real ones not one from the east coast builders that is catering to the bass bling market. Klamath and Weldcraft come to mind. If you just one the look and feel then OK but if you want a boat to beat in bay conditions and you have new boat funds then buy a bad *** boat that will perform in it and not that plastic bling crap to designed to impress you buddies with rangers. Weldcraft and others build exactly what you want and not a one size fits all. Tell them the boats you have been shopping and let them build you a real bay boat that will impress you.

I have a buddy in AK that runs a Hewescraft similar to the boats you mentioned. Nice boats for sure but not what I'm looking for. I plan to use it in southern lakes and around the gulf of mexico
mostly near shore. And I want to keep the price in the low to mid $30k range.

You will like an aluminum hull. So easy to pull and you can run it up on ruff beaches. Might find deals on scratch and dent boats after Irma.

Nice boat on the front page here. Any thoughts?
https://www.sotooutdoors.com/products/index.html#stoves

Latest posts