Added EZEE steps to my trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Probably the most dangerous thing that I do with my tinny(s) these days is get on them or off of them.

I added PVC slides onto the bunks so the boat slides up easily. But, after I lean over and hook the winch strap, I still have to get my big butt off of the boat and into the tow vehicle.

Prior to now, I kneeled, then hung one leg over; stepped down onto my spare tire (which was always just a bit too far down to easily reach) and swung my over-sized body onto another step that I added to my trailer tongue.

When you are old and clumsy, this process could lead to slipping off of the tire or the tongue. If I were to fall backward and hit my head, I guess my fishing days might be over. Heck, maybe ALL of my days might be over.

I did some investigating and came up with a product that's been around for 15 years or more. More reading and watching videos of the two or three competitive devices led me to purchase the EZEE step solution. I'll let the YouTube videos and the website tell you more.

Expensive, maybe to some, but not as expensive as a trip to the emergency room.

richg99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVdyJ6gflY

https://ezeestep.com/ezeewp/

Attachments

• IMG_20170830_125728.jpg
    IMG_20170830_125728.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 844
That's a great mod! You would think a trailer step would be common. I worry every time I have to hike over and look down at the concrete ramp and wet slippery trailer frame.

what i do if the water is cold is put on my rubber knee high boots. if its warm just walk in with ny sandals. ive been doing this for yrs and wonder why other older fellas dont do it.

hipster dufus said:
what i do if the water is cold is put on my rubber knee high boots. if its warm just walk in with ny sandals. ive been doing this for yrs and wonder why other older fellas dont do it.

+ 1. Rubber boots & waterproof shoes get the job done for me too. To be fair, all of the ramps I go to have docks so it is easy to pull the boat on to the trailer with the bow line.

If I did have to climb over the bow, I would definitely want to install steps. To me, it is the grab rail/post that would really make these steps usable.

What I did on my previous trailer and plan to do this winter on my current trailer was install aluminum running boards, that were once used on pickup trucks, to the trailer tongue. I welded angle iron brackets to the trailer tongue and then bolted the running boards on the brackets. I put new non-slip tape on the boards. Worked fine and was a cheap addition.

Like the idea Rich99, especially with the tall handle for balance. Sure would beat walking the tongue lol. Almost 60 and the balancing act isn't as good as it use to be...:) Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts