2003 Tracker: Livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

varnco

Reaction score
So, I have a new to me Tracker with a livewell. The livewell has screen (see picture) inside the livewell and it goes into one of the holes in the floor of the livewell.

I used it for the first time the other day, and when I looked in the livewell after draining, there was quite a bit of crud in the livewell and stuck in the screen (see pic)

Am I supposed to have one of these screens on the outside of the boat (as well as inside), or is the intent of the screen to only be in the livewell?

If there is supposed to be one on the outside of the boat, which of the two holes? The bottom centered one is where the boat plug goes.

Thanks

IMG_2017-09-23_13-57-11.JPG

Here's what it looks like inside. I don't think it's missing anything on the inside

right side of image water comes in and is aerated
Far side top hole is the overflow
Bottom is the drain (with the screen)

The rest is the muck the ended up in the livewell and likely inside the discharge tubing/pump. I guess a little pressure water from livewell out will help push out any junk that may be in the tubing/pump?
livewell.jpg
The label indicates it's a flowrite 2, which, according to diagrams using the same hose to fill/empty the livewell?
https://flow-rite.com/files/Image/marine/psa-installation2.jpg

Thanks.

So, I went to tracker and showed them the pics and they're stumped.

What I think I've figured out is the hole on the right is the overflow only.
The middle is where the normal plug goes
The hole on the left is fill/empty, and it should have a screen.

The odd thing is that the hole on the right looked like it is setup for a barbed input.
The one on the left is smooth inside, no barbs to hold anything in.

Also, the one on the right is about 3/4 inches in diameter where the one on the left is about 1/2 inch.

Oye!

Anyone here have an older tracker than can check what they've got setup?

Just to close this out, with a solution for me that may help someone in the future:

Start>
1 Bought a plastic 3/4-in x 3/4-in Barbed Barb x MIP Adapter Fitting from Lowes $2
2. I bought a screen like I have in my pictures above, but with female, that screws into the adapter mentioned in #1 above. ~$6
3. I pressed the barbed barb section into the left hole of the drain plug on the step of the transom in the picture, and it snapped in.
-- The water enters (fills) and exits (empties) the livewell through this one hole that I attached the screen
-- When in operation, the aerator refreshes (on a timer) the water in a livewell by mixing existing livewell water with fresh livewell water, using this whole.
4. I screwed the screen onto the threaded section of the adapter fitting.
Done.

FWIW:
The hole on the right side of the drain plug is for the overflow exit from the livewell. No screen added here.
The smaller screen that goes in the livewell (shown in picture in post #1) goes in the bottom hole, as added protection against debris getting into the pump when aerating the water and mixing with new water (#3 above).

Oh yea, do all the above before you fill you livewell on the lake, so you don't burn out your livewell motor like I did (see thread about that).