we're getting close now

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
so, i've got my choices narrowed down to the alumacraft escape 145sc and the mirrocraft troller 145sc.now i need input on which one.anyone own/used to own any of these boats? know anyone who had/has one? any thoughts besides get a lund(never going to happen)? i don't care too much about the cost,i want to get the better boat. i'd love to hear your thoughts and horror stories.this is what i've got so far.prices are within 1k of each other.alumacraft is 6" wider,and i have a finite amount of garage space. alumacraft is max 40hp,mirro is 30. gas economy over speed is a wash.weight is close to equal depending on options.alumacraft has a thicker hull,mirro has thicker sides.alumacraft is 2 inches deeper.storage is almost the same on either. livewells are not a factor because it's illegal to transport live fish here so it will be either storage or a cooler.mirro stock seats are way nicer,but alumacraft can be ordered in the same color as my truck/camper combo.the mirro dealer made me a really good offer on the new tohatsu 30 efi.i am leaning towards an etec,but it was a really good deal.a couple thousand less.and yes,the dealer service for tohatsu is getting better,there are 3 dealers that service in my area alone.i'm really stuck on the fence here.

I have never owned either. I would go with the nicer seats on the Mirrocraft compared to the color matched seats you can get from the Alumacraft. You can get nicer aftermarket seats for any boat after your initial purchase so it does not factor in too much.

As I am old and clumsy, this quote would sway me towards the Alumacraft....

.alumacraft is 6" wider, and i have a finite amount of garage space. alumacraft is max 40hp, mirro is 30.

(I've never owned either boat)....

I always wanted an Etec myself and still would own one but on another site I frequent, the new Tohatsu 30hp is getting very good reviews, light and powerful right out the box.
I having owned either boat but depending on the waters you fish, sometimes that extra 6"s is a big deal.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

the 6" may be the difference between my wife being able to open her drivers side car door all the way.we store the boat in our garage,that's why the max is 15 ft. of boat. wouldn't bother me,but i'm not so sure about her.the motor that is getting written off is a tohatsu 25 power tilt/trim short shaft electric start.it only has about 100 hours on it and probably 1 hour of that is above half throttle.whoever ends up with it is getting a **** good engine.we normally fish small to medium size lakes,but this last aug. we went north and fished some of the really big lakes and she really took a liking to fishing big water for big fish.so big water,small water is also a wash.you can see why i'm having a tough time here.

Latest posts