Rigging new Lowe

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
Today I hand launched my new Lowe 1040 and as expected it's an improvement over the 1032 tracker mainly in stability but i can also have my big 95Ah battery in the back with me and not have the bow pointing towards outer space. I especially like the fact that I can slide it in my truck bed, and just tie it down with two ratcheting straps and a cable lock.

I even slimed it today... only two little 12" LMB's but better than zip.

So rigging it is my Q. I have all the electrical stuff (It's electric only) rod holders etc. but I want seats and want to keep them low without riser posts so they can fold under my hard (see pic below) flat bed cover.

Here are my problems. The seat I looked at (pic below) has plastic screw holes for the base. I'd "think" they will strip and pull out after leaning back and rotating after only a short time? Should I look for seats with a better steel or aluminum mount built in? Any brand suggestions?

The low profile mount needs 1/4" screws which will not likely hold long in the Lowe thin aluminum built in bench seat, how have you folks solved this? I was thinking a wood plate screwed into the aluminum then the swivel screwed to that? I don't think the "clamp"type seat mounts will be very stable. I'm thinking this mount will be a PITA and something with a quick disconnect would be better?

Any help would be appreciated.

jon_boat_swivel.jpg

jon_boat_seat1.jpg

lowe_boat.jpg

The screews into the plastic seat will hold better than you think if you don't over torque them. As soon as they are home stop turning. I would not write off the clamp base either only because I hate to see you have to drill into the new boat. Congrats on the new tin!

I️ have been using clamp bases and they have held up well. Mine came with little brackets that screw to the sides (front and rear) of the bench seats. Takes a couple minutes to undo the seats for storage which is handy. I️ weigh 215, a couple of my fishing buddies are around 240 so I️ am really pleased with the bases. Bought mine at Bass Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d114b0e47fbccf9474a6409c062e25ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seats on my boat also have a plastic base but I think there is a captured metal nut where the mounting bolts go. They hold well, but in my case the plastic base cracked on both seats. I reinforced them with vinyl covered 1/2 ply. That worked but now the plastic backrest bases are both cracking where the metal hinges connect. I will be getting two new seats soon.

I think I have the same swivel as that pictured in your post. A release bracket is installed on the bottom of my seats (similar to the one pictured below). That makes it very convenient to remove/install the seats.

Attachments

• Seat Release.png
    Seat Release.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 456

Latest posts