Remove transom through hull bolts 1994 Tracker Magna 17 DC?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klqn

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here, please go easy on me. I bought this boat last year and discovered a lot of pitted on the transom, I am repairing the transom and outer aluminum skin. I removed some of the through hull bolts of the back of the transom (bilge pump) area. However, I can’t access to the rest which blocked off by aluminum panel. Can someone please give me some advice how to remove the splash well or access the below the splash well, so I can get to the nuts for the through hull bolts. I post some picture for you to see. Please let me know if you need more pictures.

thanks

I tried to remove rivets to access the u-bolt but I can't remove the rail cover:
5.JPG

u-bolt and screws:
3.JPG

Is there a way I can remove this splash well?
6.JPG

I removed some of the screws by accessing the bilge pump area:
99.jpg
10.JPG

Are these rivets? Should I drill them out?
4.JPG

Angle grinders are on a very short list of tools that have never disappointed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Through bolts, can always grind the head off and punch through. Although that won’t help you when it comes time to replace them.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Through bolts, can always grind the head off and punch through. Although that won’t help you when it comes time to replace them.

Exactly! I can cut the bolts without any problems. However, I am concern during re-install. I think I found a solution for this. I will update to this when I confirm the solution. Thanks for replies.

I finally remove my transom - Updated pictures with a solution :)

10.JPG

99.jpg

12.JPG

13.JPG

11.JPG

Latest posts