Lost and Found

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radar5667

Reaction score
I am radar5667 and new to your site but have enjoyed looking around. While deer hunting this fall, I came up on this old boat laying upside down in a field next to some very old buildings. I liked the age and lines of it so I bought it from the grandaughter of the original owner.

I am at sea right now but took the boat to a buddy of mine and he thinks it might be a 1951 Alumacraft with a number on it from the maker of 635 R. Seems to be in pretty good shape for being possibly 66 years old. I also purchased the matching trailer. Not sure what I should do with the old girl, but it looked pretty cool so I could not pass it up. There is also an option to purchase the pickup truck that was used to tow it. I found a 1951 Dodge half ton pickup in the woods not far from the boat. Also in pretty good shape for 66 years old. Last fall I found an outboard motor in surprisingly good shape and bought it. It is a 1954 Evinrude SuperFastTwin 15hp. I just had the motor completely gone through. Was thinking the boat motor and trailer would be a nice combination.

Can anybody recognize this old girl?

I fixed the attachments.

Can anyone recognize this boat and trailer now?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 595
I'm not sure why your pictures aren't showing up. I can get them by doing a search with the info that you posted.

Nice looking boat. I have no further info for you though. Sorry.

Update, my buddy has made some early tests to see how the old girl will clean up. Results seem positive thus far.

As you can see from pictures the boat is sporting a shabby fiberglass patch. Any suggestions on repairing that? Weld it up? Or fit it with a riveted patch like old school?

Best regards,

RB

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 591
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 591
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 591