going with the g3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
have made up my mind and am going with the g3 1756 cc jon with the 70 hp yammie. i can get a leaning post, camo w 2 rocket launchers on the back for 600$. im undecided on the leaning post. it would be permenent mount and would take up a lot of the back deck. would stop wife from reclining back there. all i would have to add to the package is a tm and battery. thats another problem cause im torn between a 55# foot control or a hand control w bigfoot switch. my other boats have had foot control and on a small rig that dang pedal takes up so much room.aagh! decisions.i hope to be on water by march 1st. will post pics when i get the rig.g3 has a rebate ,yamaha has a rebate and g3 has another veterans rebate. couldnt say no to that

hipster dufus said:
have made up my mind and am going with the g3 1756 cc jon with the 70 hp yammie. i can get a leaning post, camo w 2 rocket launchers on the back for 600$. im undecided on the leaning post. it would be permenent mount and would take up a lot of the back deck. would stop wife from reclining back there. all i would have to add to the package is a tm and battery. thats another problem cause im torn between a 55# foot control or a hand control w bigfoot switch. my other boats have had foot control and on a small rig that dang pedal takes up so much room.aagh! decisions.i hope to be on water by march 1st. will post pics when i get the rig.g3 has a rebate ,yamaha has a rebate and g3 has another veterans rebate. couldnt say no to that

I owned an 09 g3 1756cc with 60 yamaha. It was a pretty good boat and the motor was great. It came with a Bear trailer and it wasn't that great. The wheels and fenders started rusting pretty quickly. The boat was only used in freshwater. Other than the trailer it was a nice set up for its intended purpose.

With the 60hp motor, full fuel and 2 men it would show 32mph on the gps.

I had a hand controlled 45# minn kota and it worked. A 55# would've been nicer and I did wish it had the foot pedal. I had to use a tiller extender to reach it easily. You could get a co-pilot model with hand held remote too.

I had the dealer add seat bases on either side of the rear deck for passengers. You can install the seat without the raised post. I didn't have the leaning post. The console was short enough that it wasn't hard to operate sitting with a seat in the base when I wasn't standing. And standing without a leaning post was no big deal either.

Good luck with the new boat.

when u say seat bases, u had 3 seat bases across the front of the resr deck to sit in? one for the driver in the middle and one on either side for passengers?

hipster dufus said:
when u say seat bases, u had 3 seat bases across the front of the resr deck to sit in? one for the driver in the middle and one on either side for passengers?

Yes. I had the dealer install 2 extra seat bases as you described.

Latest posts