Looking for new to me 16' Voyager Jon details

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

Recently purchased a new to me 1993 16' Voyager Jon boat. I have done some digging around and have discovered that the Voyager manufacturer (Missouri) is no longer in business. The only details that I have regarding this boat is what is on the title. I have looked all around the boat for some sort of manufacture plate with capacity and max H.P. motor etc, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if there is a database of sorts where I can maybe use the hull identification number to find out these details?

Anyone have experience with Voyager Jon boats from this time frame?

Very much appreciated!

As a last resort, you can calculate max HP from the dimensions (length, width, and transom height). The formula is in the coast guard regs or its probably posted somewhere on this site.

The hull plate would be on the transom if it were still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I looked all around the transom to see if maybe they had painted over it, but I couldn't find anything.

I will see if I can get a decent picture of the transom while I have the motor off. I was going to try and get that done anyway because I would like to know if there is a way to treat the wood on the inside of the transom. it's not in bad shape, but I would like to make sure it stays decent.

Thanks SeaFaring

A method to calculate max HP, like SeaFaring mentioned, is included in the sticky section of the Motors Forum.

Hope this helps some.

https://www.forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12144