Best Marine Carpet Glue For Wood and Aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlespin

Reaction score
I have a boat that I am installing carpet.

Is there a glue that works with aluminum & wood?

Never mind, found a glue good for both.

Well, are you going to share the secret with the rest of us, or just leave us wondering? #-o

That’s expensive. Go to ace hardware and look at Henry 663. Haven’t read specifically but should bond to aluminum as well. Sure hope so because I just used it and it is stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry 663 worked well.
a55db4083dc50beab82ff159430c0358.jpg
3dbb82be54d9b1b705fd1d197ad1202d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend DAP weldwood carpet adhesive. Excellent product. Used to adhere new marine trailer bunk carpeting to pressure treated pine. Did not do any surface prep on the boards, and they were quite wet from the pressure treating but this adhesive worked wonderfully. Held the carpet in place during stapling, and did not seep through anywhere. Very thick, I used a cheap brush I found at the marina "camp store" but a stiff brush would be recommended. Use outside, it releases a ton of odor. Excellent product.

This is convenient, but the only drawback is that these carpets often get dirty. When I come back from fishing, the carpet is constantly stained and stinks terribly. Of course, if the boat stands in the air, the smell will fade, but there are stains that are very difficult to remove. It annoys me terribly when I see these stains and try to get rid of them in every possible way. I even contacted carpet cleaning several times. My friends laughed at this decision and said that it was stupid, but it wasn't my fault that I love cleanliness.

Latest posts