Help identify this Lund

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV1951

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Only interested in this a possible backup to look at if current plans fall through. Too far away to drive and look for now. Current owner states it is a 15' 1980 model. Looking through old Lund literature, I can't match it up exactly. Even the Lund graphic on the sides for a 1980 doesn't match up. I just found an old thread on here for a 1979 S-14 rebuild and it doesn't match this one either. Lund had a C-15 in their old literature, but the rear bench doesn't seem to match. Want to get a feel for what model it might have been.
I can see the transom has issues. I can also see middle bench has been removed.

I surely looks like an 1980's vintage hull, could be late 70's. I have a 16ft 81 Lund Pike that look fairly similar. If it is an '80 or newer Lund hull, there should be serial number tag on the upper right side of the transom just below the corner brace. The right side is missing from your pictures. The first 2 digits of the serial number is the year of manufacture.

As far as the graphic goes, ebay is loaded with many different after market one to choose from.

From the pictures I would be concerned with the transom. It appears to have a crack in the cap and the back of the skin. It also appears to have an angle iron transom brace.

Good Luck, It is going to need some work. Is it worth the effort? I depends on your skill and a the price.

https://www.lundboats.com/wp-content/uploads/catalogs/1981.pdf

the graphic is just a cheap one but it looks like the c-15 to me. obviously its been worked on but its definately a lund from the front cap.

I looked at the old catalogs and looked at the C-15, but it has under seat storage for the gas and the above pic does not. The closest I could come was a S-14 from the 1979 catalog.
The title does show it is a 1980 and 15'. I am guessing Lund had some rear bench seats left over from the 1979 model, and put them in the early year production 1980 models.
For now, it is moot in that the current owner is over priced.

youd just have to measure it whether its 14'2 or 15'... either way a nice boat but if the guy thinks its worth much more than scrap with that transom....... well hed be an old boat owner.... its sickening what people think junk is worth. by junk I mean just that. not that you cant fix it but its damaged. Same thing with my current rig a lund fiberglass. i went to look at it just because it caught my eye it was $1000. the whole bottom was trashed and the guys answer was "its got a bilge pump".... ended up having him call me a month later and selling me the whole works for $300. because he needed it gone and I was the only one who even said I would take it at a lower price.

Yea, that is always a possibility, but I doubt the owner will realize what he has. This boat was going to be a backup possibility, even with the transom. Really like the looks. I'll have another one long before the seller realizes he won't be able to sell it.

WV1951 said:
Yea, that is always a possibility, but I doubt the owner will realize what he has. This boat was going to be a backup possibility, even with the transom. Really like the looks. I'll have another one long before the seller realizes he won't be able to sell it.

very true. novice or average boaters won't buy a boat with a questionable transom at any price it's the one rule of buying a used boat everyone knows...and those like us take these projects because of the cost savings.

I would keep looking. It took some time to find but I bought a '81 - 16 ft Lund Pike, a '85/86 Merc 60hp with power tilt/trim, and a '86 trailer for $800.

It was intended to be a project when I bought it.

Here is the story that goes with it.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43801&p=441380&hilit=81+lund#p441380

Keep looking..... :D

Enjoyed reading your thread on the rebuild. You didn't spare any expense, that's for sure.
As soon as the weather permits, I am heading to Pittsburgh to look at the Sea Nymph that I have posted on another thread. I am going to be disappointed if it is not what I expect. If not, is why I am keeping an eye out for a backup.

Latest posts