vintage aluminum boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocs

Reaction score
Any opinions on which is a better vintage boat?
AlumaCraft or Duracraft?
I currently have a Flying C but have found a Duracraft which looks like a interesting project.

"Better?"

Not sure this is the site where that word has meaning. This is a haven for enablers.

"Better" is often used as a synonym for "next." :?

Best wishes, have fun.
=D>

Better is pretty hard to quantify. Both Duracraft and Alumacraft are solid boats. The only difference I've seen is that Duracraft favored more of a purpose built "runabout" styling and construction while Alumacraft always seem more like fishing boats with some added parts to make them runabouts... Just my opinion.

My favorite boat of all time is a 57 Alumacraft Deep C... It's the perfect blend of runabout and fishing boat imo.

Perhaps "better" was indeed the wrong word.
I know that the old Richline I fixed up and since sold seemed to be of thinner aluminum than the alumacraft.
Perhaps I was just looking for the "Yes, you should have another boat". lol
Probably wouldn't even be looking if a previous owner hadn't ______and _____ and____. fill in the blanks

It is not as simple as one manufacturer being better than the other. Each have more desirable and less desirable models for the collector.

Don't overlook Crestliner and Feather Craft when shopping around.

IMG_0692.JPGThis has been my winter project-a 1964 crestliner. When I picked it up and so far. Still aways to go. Had a old Alumacraft and that seemed like a good solid boat

Attachments

• IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,875
There is no cure for Multiple Boat Syndrome. Better known a MBS.

Latest posts