Little boats 8,10'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
Down here in the DEEP south Florida suburb of New York :) 8' and 10' boats are generally off the boat lists in a few days if their condition is good.

We even have posters on Craig's list begging for 10 footers because buying new the transportation costs with tax is silly. Many are hand launching (like myself) and using them in private lakes/ponds/waterways and even out in scarcely used large bodies of water that getting a bigger boat to is unwieldy if not impossible. I have found some honey holes in pristine waterways that have no ramps and NO fishing pressure with my little 10 footer.

Also it seems as if electric only (as well as human powered) tinny boats instead of yaks have been catching on adding to the demand. When I posted my topper in Craig's list in one week I had dozens of texts and calls before someone came right over asking me to hold the boat and not sell it before he got there. Paid cash and left with it in his pickup bed before I could change my mind.

So... with the several "smaller is better for me" posts spread about these pages, I wondered how many own a little boat, are actively downsizing or just targeting another little tinny for a special purpose.

I've had 10's and 12's snd have found 11's to be perfect for me.
The 10's are good, but for water like that then I would prefer what we call a mini tinny or tinoo.
They are perfect for car topping, or the back of a ute, and very light so they are easy to carry, I imagine the mini tinny is probably the kind of thing they are using there around the 8ft mark, the tinoo is either 10ft or 12ft but is thinner and lighter despite the extra length.
Stability is alright, not fantastic but if your not stupid then they are great to fish from.
I actually want a 3.0 tinooe for duck season and fishing up small creeks, it is perfect for getting through the tough weed and tree choked sections.

images (15).jpeg

images (16).jpeg

Lite Boat 9.jpegHere in N Cal/S Oregon we fly fish for salmon and steelhead from 8 to 10 foot boats in the lower stretches of our coastal rivers. They're easy to car top and launch, stable enough for one guy to stand up and cast from, and useful for running short stretches of easy rivers to get to the fish. I have an 8 ft Liteboat, made for only a few years, that weighs about 60 lbs. Not as stable as a Valco 8 ft jon boat or one of the little glass tri hulls by Outback or TP&L (both out of business) but it does the job and doesn't break my back.

up here we stick mostly to inflatable pontoons with an electric trolling motor.good for small lakes and mild class 1 rivers.a really good alternative is the frog boat.it's surprisingly stable.the only good small tinny is the spratley,but it is too expensive.

There's definitely a spot in my garage for a super light, tiny boat you can throw on a pickup and launch in any small stream or pond... I've made several of these and always get a positive reaction from whoever sees it... Somebody with some business sense should run with the idea...

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

Tall comfortable chair... stable.... weighs about 80 lbs... fits perfectly in the short bed of a pickup... cheap... costs about 200 bucks to make one if you know how to sew.....

Latest posts