Powrtran tilt and trim?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these? I can't find any reviews on them. They are a little on the heavy side, 46lbs.

Blake said:
Does anyone know anything about these? I can't find any reviews on them. They are a little on the heavy side, 46lbs.

My outboard came with PT&T. Other than that I know next to nothing about them. There are been several posts about adding them. Maybe search "CMC".

I looked at their site, but the specifications for the 50hp version aren't there-or I missed it. Looks like an expensive Cook unit to me, maybe it's a little thinner? I didn't care for the Cook (CMC) 35hp version as many including myself have broken the clevis bracket off of it multiple times. The 130hp version is MUCH stronger which is important if you're hunting in flooded timber, or if you're like me-fishing in a stump FILLED lake. And I mean full of 'em.

I'd like to know more about the powrtran unit, and what makes it $200 better than the CMC.

turbotodd said:
I looked at their site, but the specifications for the 50hp version aren't there-or I missed it. Looks like an expensive Cook unit to me, maybe it's a little thinner? I didn't care for the Cook (CMC) 35hp version as many including myself have broken the clevis bracket off of it multiple times. The 130hp version is MUCH stronger which is important if you're hunting in flooded timber, or if you're like me-fishing in a stump FILLED lake. And I mean full of 'em.

I'd like to know more about the powrtran unit, and what makes it $200 better than the CMC.

I can't help you with that. What I meant was search CMC and maybe even PT&T here on Tinboats.net.

Edit: And then, all of the sudden I realized I'm responding to a question you didn't ask. Sorry about that. Haha

Latest posts