Bow mount for Humminbird Piranha max4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10sne1

Reaction score
I am adding this depthfinder to the bow of my Boat. I just wish the basics. I have two options to mount the unit. Mount directly to the Boat, Or buying a ram mount? Do you all have any other ways or ideas on me mounting this small unit to the bow? Thanks Tomm

Since I HATE drilling holes in my boats, you might look at today's thread about putting Starboard onto a Boat's stern for a FF.

Personally, I'd paint a block of a 2x4 whatever color you like ( I usually just used a flat black spray can) and glue it down on the deck. Then, no matter how often you change your FF, you won't be drilling new holes into the aluminum each time.

Richg. Yep, I had a 6 inch inspection plate in the very front of my front deck. I have removed it and replaced it with a starboard custom cut out to hide the wires and mount the unit! But still working on how to mount it? Directly to starboard or use a ram adjustable mount? Or does anyone else have any other thoughts on mounting? Thanks Richg

Wish I New how to post photos, the starboard mount turned out nice?..

Photos are easy.

First find where they are on your computer or phone. Mine are always in Google Pictures on either my phone or Chromebook.

Once you know that, type your message; go to the very next section below where you typed; it will say "If you wish to attach any files" etc. Click there.

Select your picture/file on your phone/computer then click ADD FILE

That's it. SEND your message as you normally would do.

re Mounting FF. I have a RAM mount on the used boat I recently bought.
It is neat in that I can tilt the FF so the sun doesn't glare too much off of the screen. Costs some $$$, but since it came with the boat, I like it.

Photos...of project...
Replace bow inspection plate with Starboard plate. Starboard will be sanded and cleaned up as I figure out how I wish to mount?

Attachments

• 4422DF31-7B08-44C1-B36E-54A7B5F5BF0A.jpeg
    4422DF31-7B08-44C1-B36E-54A7B5F5BF0A.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,753
Starboard

Attachments

• 1E974D62-537C-4CDC-94EB-2FA23768AFC2.jpeg
    1E974D62-537C-4CDC-94EB-2FA23768AFC2.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,753
Front deck

Attachments

• B489316E-DEC1-42A8-BA0A-70B9CD4BF685.jpeg
    B489316E-DEC1-42A8-BA0A-70B9CD4BF685.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,752
I would use a ram mount that way it’s mounted a little higher so you can see it better while standing. Let’s be honest it’s not a hds 12. My helix 5 that I had on the bow needed raised up. These eyes can’t see as good as they once could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts