break in complete. first impressions.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
finished my break in on my G3 1756 CC. no issues at all with my yamaha 70 hp 4 stroke. i installed a cheap outdoor carpet on decks with 2 face tape and spray adhesive. easy to remove and replace. deck will be too hot in summer in GA. installed noco genius 2 bank charger. had an issue and remedied.installed 55# MK edge. starting to think it is not enough motor, boat came with 2 trays for grp 24 batteries. might have been a mistake to remove and go with grp 29 single battery. i will monitor. . Console had hardware missing, dealer provided and i installed. fishing seats are good but i will have to go with an offset post on front deck. why do builders put the seat base right in the middle?especially on a smaller,17 ft, boat,. i will drill and pin front offset post so it only swings in one plane.have rod holders on console but they didnot include upper rod keepers, fella on the g3 facebook site was nice enough to send me 4. front rod holder hits grab bar, so only 4 are truly useful. i do use the front hole for tools, pliers scissors.cockpit floor is vinyl. ill see what it feels like come summer.have the capacity to store 11 rods but will prolly only carry 7. trailer came with plastic covered bunks. will look at ratcheting tie downs. does anyone know of some that last? last ones quit retraxting.my biggest gripe was trying to pour gas from cans.will fill up at pump from now on. i do have rec gas up the street.installed tiny tach have 10 hrs and 10 min on engine. top speed was 35.4 by gps, 6100 rpm.i am looking at a lowrance hooh 2 5/7. debating on the tripleshot. it has a huge transducer. boat has more then enough storage if u dont use livewells, which i dont.will be happy to ansewer any questions if someone is interested in a G3.

Nice recap of all of the things that you did. As you know, there are a ton of little things that have to be handled when you acquire a new or even a new-to-you boat.

Well done.

I always tell folks u have to be a tinkerer if u own a boat.little things keep cropping up and when ur on the water is not the time to fix em. It’s never just load up and go, charge batts, get gas tighten this loosen that. Still enjoyable though and fishing is good even if they ain’t biting

Latest posts