Manual anchor winch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
I really like the idea of having a manual winch to retrieve my anchor. Keeps the line from piling up in the boat etc etc. i have one like the one pictured here but it has a 12lb capacity which is fine for my 10lb anchor. The issue I have run into is that I purchased a 20lb anchor like the one here so when I am in a little bit of current it will hold. Now I am in search of a manual winch for it. Does anyone else have a manual winch for thier anchor and if so will it handle the 20lb anchors?

Thanks

Attachments

• 5A70AD97-80C1-4CD0-891A-4513F8AC0E90.jpeg
    5A70AD97-80C1-4CD0-891A-4513F8AC0E90.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 4479B320-6EB5-49F6-B0D1-2956F5A6DCAF.jpeg
    4479B320-6EB5-49F6-B0D1-2956F5A6DCAF.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 1,042
Well I guess no one on here uses a retrieving system for their anchor. I decided to go with the Trac Angler 25 pictured here.

Attachments

• Trac 25 AD.JPG
    Trac 25 AD.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 978
You did state you were in search of a manual winch for a 20lb anchor, that's why you didn't get any replies about electric winches.
I have two Minn Kota deckhand pontoon 40"s with the remote switch on my Jon boats, wouldn't want to be without them on the river.
I attached a short piece of chain to the anchor, and colored about 2 1/2' of the rope with a red magic marker so I will know when it's getting close to the winch.

overboard said:
You did state you were in search of a manual winch for a 20lb anchor, that's why you didn't get any replies about electric winches.
I have two Minn Kota deckhand pontoon 40"s with the remote switch on my Jon boats, wouldn't want to be without them on the river.
I attached a short piece of chain to the anchor, and colored about 2 1/2' of the rope with a red magic marker so I will know when it's getting close to the winch.

Yeah I know

I was hoping to save some money and get a manual. I don't mind cranking it up but I never did find one that would hold the weight. I was looking at the minn kota's but did not want to go that deep in my pocket. I was thinking about the chain idea as well.

Thanks

Have you tested the new electric winch to see if it will lift your 20lb anchor? I had one like that it it had a difficult time raising my 12 pound anchor.

Scott F said:
Have you tested the new electric winch to see if it will lift your 20lb anchor? I had one like that it it had a difficult time raising my 12 pound anchor.

Dont have it in hand yet. The manual ones are only rated at 18lbs max. I will let you know as soon as I get it installed.

Givey1982 said:
Scott F said:

Dont have it in hand yet. The manual ones are only rated at 18lbs max. I will let you know as soon as I get it installed.

Got the Trac Angler 30 installed a few days ago. I have not had it on the water but it appears to retrieve the 20lb winch fine.

Would also like to have one, but not sure I want to spend that much money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4 said:

If you don't need a heavy anchor look at the Anchormate hand winch. I have one for the back of my boat with a 10lb anchor on it and love it.

Givey1982 said:
ckhenshaw4 said:

If you don't need a heavy anchor look at the Anchormate hand winch. I have one for the back of my boat with a 10lb anchor on it and love it.
That's what I have been looking at. Looks like a nice setup. Do you have the first, or the Anchormate II?

ckhenshaw4 said:
Givey1982 said:
ckhenshaw4 said:

That's what I have been looking at. Looks like a nice setup. Do you have the first, or the Anchormate II?

I have the Anchormate. My dad had Anchormate 2 on his boat and had no issues

Latest posts