Hull covering? Paint, Gluvit, Steelflex?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working on my boat for a few weeks now, and am about ready to cover the hull. Doesn't leak, but am wanting to do the best I can to prevent it in the future. So I am torn on what to use.

Have thought about using gluvit on the outside seam and rivets and then paint.

Also thought about steelflex for the whole outside of the hull.

Really open to anything, but these seem to be the best options I am seeing. What say you guys?

Any brush-on material is likely to peel off sometime in the future, creating a bigger problem than you have now.

I had leaks in my old aluminum. I grinded the old paint from the seams and rivets inside and out, applied Gluvit to all grinded areas, primed, then painted. No leaks ever since. I strongly recommend Gluvit. I thinks there is some pics of the process in my boat thread.

Jmar said:
I had leaks in my old aluminum. I grinded the old paint from the seams and rivets inside and out, applied Gluvit to all grinded areas, primed, then painted. No leaks ever since. I strongly recommend Gluvit. I thinks there is some pics of the process in my boat thread.
What did you use to paint overtop of the gluvit Jmar?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Latest posts