Need some brainstorming on a storage area - picture enclosed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeves2245

Reaction score
Got a new Crestliner Retriever 1660 tin rig. It's very short on storage but has the length and width I was looking for at 16' and 60" bottom and 85" beam. Got the landing net and paddle done with a tube for the net behind the bow deck and a paddle clip for the paddle on the stern deck. Got the mesh bag on the side of the console for phone/wallet/cheat sheets for trolling motor and fish finder.

I am looking at all available storage areas and the under console has an area 12" deep, 12" wide and 18" high. Will not interfere with my feet position. I have my rain gear and other clothing in the livewell now but would like to use this space for those items.

I thinking of a plastic bin or something along those lines. Maybe screw in one side to hold it in place.

I would appreciate any ideas of how to turn this into usable storage that is water proof.

Here are my 2 cents. Put your rain gear stuff in an appropriately sized duffel and toss the duffel into that space under the console. Hook it to something with a bungee if needed. I would also put a tackle web like the one you already have on the inside of the "leg". Contents will be protected somewhat from rain & spray. BTW, I have a couple of tackleweb cup holders on the outside of my console near the top. I like them a lot.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 7.18.08 PM.png

A rubber lined sleeping bag bag would be easy. Waterproof and will squooze into the corners.

You whole boat looks like it is storage; to add any more, you'd have to tow a dingy. :)

Have fun, be safe. Nice boat.

From Waterbouy..."Maybe put one or two drawers in there above the floor and below the wheel."

That's what I did on mine, but I only put in one small shelf with a shoe-box screwed onto it. It is my dry storage. I wish I had put in a larger box or another shelf. I tend to forget that it is there,....duhhh.

Close off the front of your console by riviting on a piece of appropriate gage aluminum. Hang a dry bag inside from a couple of hooks, still leaves space on the deck inside the console for whatever.

I installed this tackle hatch about 17 years ago. I really like it. It has three boxes in it. I usually have all my crappie jigs in it but have removed the boxes and had a big spotlight in it. I'm working on a project boat that has a smaller console. The bought tackle hatches were too large for it do I worked and made a smaller version for it.IMG_1866.JPG

Latest posts