Boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
Looking for a universal fit cover that is UV resistant and waterproof. Not looking to spend a lot. Hopefully less than $150. Any recommendations on where to pick one up or a brand?

amazon has them by the hundreds.order a pack of bungee cords with the rubber coated hooks while you're at it.the cheaper covers tend to snap the straps almost as soon as you pull it out of the box.especially if you plan to trailer the boat with the cover on..

I purchased one of these off of e-bay for about $55.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-18-19-Trailerable-Fish-Ski-Boat-Cover-600D-V-Hull-Beam-95-w-Oxford-Bag-TE-/162563334764?var=&hash=item25d987a26c

made some support poles out of 3/4" pvc pipe. with rope guy lines. strapes to trailer.

Attachments

• 20170526_145658.jpg
    20170526_145658.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 609
bcbouy said:
amazon has them by the hundreds.order a pack of bungee cords with the rubber coated hooks while you're at it.the cheaper covers tend to snap the straps almost as soon as you pull it out of the box.especially if you plan to trailer the boat with the cover on..

Is is waterproof?

FishinLite said:
I purchased one of these off of e-bay for about $55.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-18-19-Trailerable-Fish-Ski-Boat-Cover-600D-V-Hull-Beam-95-w-Oxford-Bag-TE-/162563334764?var=&hash=item25d987a26c

made some support poles out of 3/4" pvc pipe. with rope guy lines. strapes to trailer.

Is it waterproof?

Thanks

It appears to be waterproof.

If you let the water puddle you will get some drip through.

Before I put the support poles in to make the cover look like a tent, I had a pool of water on the cover about a foot deep, more than once

Drained it off with a siphon hose. Less that a cup had dripped through.

My boat sits outside on a trailer, under the cover, all summer long when it is not out fishing.

Is that waterproof? You be the judge. :D

FishinLite said:
It appears to be waterproof.

If you let the water puddle you will get some drip through.

Before I put the support poles in to make the cover look like a tent, I had a pool of water on the cover about a foot deep, more than once

Drained it off with a siphon hose. Less that a cup had dripped through.

My boat sits outside on a trailer, under the cover, all summer long when it is not out fishing.

Is that waterproof? You be the judge. :D

That works for me. I agre if water stands long enough almost anything will leak.

Latest posts