Tracker tournament V-18

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskiemike12

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1999 Tracker tournament V-18 w/ 90hp Mercury in May. A guy I work with owns it and he wants to unload it because he doesn’t get to use it much anymore. He sold his house last year and has an apartment now, so no where to keep it. It’s in storage right now. It’s been on the water 5 times in the last 5 years. From the pics he took last summer it looks to be in excellent condition. It has always been stored indoors or covered. Motor has good compression and a new impeller 2 years ago. Anything I should be looking for when I go to see this boat in May?

Thanks in advance!!
6910f307e45248341cffaab0fdebb933.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel system could need cleaning depending on how he stored it. Did he use ethanol fuel? Stabilizer? Drain carbs or run it dry? Really not big issues. Tracker used plywood decks. If truly kept inside they should be in good shape but it can be tough to tell by looking. A small pocket knife (unopened) can be a good tool to press in a few spots to see if the wood has gone “punky”. In all honesty, if it looks good it probably is. Worst case the motor may need fuel system work or an electronic part. If a boat can’t be seen in the water the price should reflect that. If it can be seen running with muffs is second best. If you aren’t afraid of making a few repairs, good deals can be had by buying as is untested. Take a light when you look. Check the deck, the underside of the hull for damage, the transom for rot or stress cracks in the corners. Check the trailer, does it have bearing buddies, are the tires weather checked? Good luck!

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Fuel system could need cleaning depending on how he stored it. Did he use ethanol fuel? Stabilizer? Drain carbs or run it dry? Really not big issues. Tracker used plywood decks. If truly kept inside they should be in good shape but it can be tough to tell by looking. A small pocket knife (unopened) can be a good tool to press in a few spots to see if the wood has gone “punky”. In all honesty, if it looks good it probably is. Worst case the motor may need fuel system work or an electronic part. If a boat can’t be seen in the water the price should reflect that. If it can be seen running with muffs is second best. If you aren’t afraid of making a few repairs, good deals can be had by buying as is untested. Take a light when you look. Check the deck, the underside of the hull for damage, the transom for rot or stress cracks in the corners. Check the trailer, does it have bearing buddies, are the tires weather checked? Good luck!

Thanks! He did say we can take it out on the water for a test run. I’ll make sure and check the decks for soft spots.

Scott F said:
How much is he asking for it?

$5000 and I think that’s a steal if it runs good. My main concern is the motor because my father in law had the same motor and it was sometimes unreliable. Not many of these for sale anywhere in the whole country and the ones that are look like they’ve been through battle and the ones in this condition are asking $8000 or more. Lol.

Latest posts