I said I wouldn't. Then I Did.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my 15' Klamath boat back to the dealer (couldn’t salvage my TB ruler decal so I’ll have to order a new one). I bought a Gregor 18’ walk-thru windshield boat with a 50 Honda. I liked the old boat. The new one is roomier in just about every aspect. Delivery about 2 months.

I will be boat-less for the time being. Mrs Ldubs says being boat-less means I can handle a longer honey-do list. Just goes to prove there are hidden costs. LOL

Here is a photo of the boat with Mrs Ldubs giving her seal of approval.

IMG_2348.jpg

Very nice Mr. Ldubs. I'm sure that top will make the rainy day trips good also. Post us up some pictures when you get it. I love those west coast style boats. You don't see many on the east coast with the foreword helm and top.

Do you know the name or make of the rod holders that are down each side of the boat? I've looked but can't seem to find any like them.

Bearclaw said:
Do you know the name or make of the rod holders that are down each side of the boat? I've looked but can't seem to find any like them.

Bearclaw -- I sure don't. The dealer is about 100 miles away or I would swing by and ask. Next time I call them I'll try to find out and report back.

Wow LDUBS! That's nice! We'll need a review after you get it.
I've been curious about the Honda motors.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family! I love my man sized 18' tin with the 48hp. Yours is even better. I could not think of a better all around boat than what you bought. Nice job!

Awesome boat. I was thinking of financing a Gregor 18 Seahawk this year but ended up trading some alcohol for a 1988 17.3 foot Lund Rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I got the sportsman model which is a kind of pared down version of the windshield models. Deadweight is about 750 lbs. The Honda 50 four-stroke weighs in at only 215 lbs which seems very light considering the 4-stroke Merc 25 on my old boat was 187 pounds. I'm wondering if the weight of the PT&T is included. Anyway, based on comparable performance test data I think it will do OK for my needs.

No, Uncle Sam sure didn't give us a bump, though the market was pretty darn good. :)

Stump -- those Bayrunners are everyone's favorites. I just didn't want a center console for what I do.

EZ707-- must have been good stuff! Congrats.

Dang! Nice boat. I sure don't remember getting that much of an increase in my social security check this year. :D
"Never seen a Uhaul follow a hearse". Enjoy that ride.

LDUBS said:
Thanks everyone. I got the sportsman model which is a kind of pared down version of the windshield models. Deadweight is about 750 lbs. The Honda 50 four-stroke weighs in at only 215 lbs which seems very light considering the 4-stroke Merc 25 on my old boat was 187 pounds. I'm wondering if the weight of the PT&T is included. Anyway, based on comparable performance test data I think it will do OK for my needs.

No, Uncle Sam sure didn't give us a bump, though the market was pretty darn good. :)

Stump -- those Bayrunners are everyone's favorites. I just didn't want a center console for what I do.

EZ707-- must have been good stuff! Congrats.

Center consoles are super hot right now. Drive any boulevard in Florida that is full of boat dealers and that's all you see. Even the big sport fisherman boats are center console. Personally being able to sit down out of the wind and have a conversation behind a windshield like you can just makes for a better boat. Put on a top with side windows and you have an all weather boat. The center console is fun because you stand in the middle, visability is good but you are exposed to the elements and that gets old. Forget about a stereo or conversation. As long as you can stand if you have to around docks then that's all that matters. Those cramped plastic bass boat cockpits that are like an Indy car are a joke.
Some may question the small engines we both run. Once in a while I wish I could cruise at 40 mph but these boats are so light and perky that 25 plus feels quick. We can run all day at our optimum 75% throttle and get hyper gas milage at the cruise speed that the boat performs the best at anyway. Even if I miss a rouge wake I'm not going to get banged and our similar hulls slice it. I had my go fast boat days and still drive a wicket fast desert car. Just sold my KTM 950 adventure bike. A boat is the worst way to feed your need for speed. It's just not near as much fun as the other ways to do that. What is fun is killing that last hour of the day on plane just seeing the lake. It's also nice knowing I can tow it thru town to run errands without overworking the tow vehicle. Water on the othe end of the state is a simple drive. The ability to run 60-100 miles of water everytime we dunk the boat is priceless. I bring 12 gallons and I can't burn it all. Nothing is too far away by boat or by tow vehicle. No weather or water conditions are too ruff for it. No boat on the planet would appeal to me more than the one you bought.

ncfishin said:
What's up DUBs? When do you take delivery? Can't wait for the pics!

Supposed to be mid to late May. So far no known delays, but I think it is time to call just to keep the pressure on.

I have a couple of new down riggers sitting in the garage. Also, I kept my Helix 7 fish finder to put on the new boat. I put the original Hummingbird Piranamax back on the old boat.

Thanks for asking. I'm missing being out on the lake.

Sounds great. I just wanted to bump this, because I can't wait to see it.
You know, you could always fish from the bank.

ncfishin said:
Sounds great. I just wanted to bump this, because I can't wait to see it.
You know, you could always fish from the bank.

Went out a couple weeks ago and had a good time tossing lures from the bank. Just confirmed with the Dealer. Boat is actually being built as we speak. Hopefully will be in my side yard by the end of next month.

Nice boat
I had a 16 foot center console Starcraft for 40 years. The boat I have now is an 18 foot AceCraft. It is nice having a windshield and more space

Latest posts