Vinyl for boat name

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC_Jones

Reaction score
First off I will state I am very sentimental. I recently bought my first boat. I am currently 43, but I have known since I was a teenager what I wanted to name my first boat. I am going to name her 'Gloria' after my grandmother who passed away in 2013. She loved boating, the water and especially liked going fast also she and I were very close.

That being said I had an idea for doing the lettering, but need a little help with sourcing. My mother managed to dig up her signature and I wanted to have it turned into vinyl lettering. Basically take the signature and cut it out of vinyl, I just want the outline not any background.

Has anyone ever had this done? Do you have a recommendation for a company?

I am attaching an image of the signature that I have cleaned up to the best of my ability. It's not the most legible, but it's more about being sentimental than people being able to read it.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Gloria_edit-2.jpg
    Gloria_edit-2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 650
I would think any local sign company could handle that for you. The place I use for my reg numbers is called Fast Signs. If you don't have anyone local to you I could give you a number to the one here in Huntsville, AL. Might take a stamp and throwing that signature in the mail, but they are good people and I know they could handle it.

They recently helped me track down the exact font that my boat's manufacturer used so that my registration numbers could match.

Mrs. Gloria sounds like she was a fun grandmother. Sorry for your loss. I think your idea is pretty neat.

I didn't even think about a sign company, I think sign I think billboard or something similar. I will give that a shot and see what they can do, we actually have a couple around town, just have to see if they are interested in my little job.

Thank you for the reply.

Plenty of online places too... I'd call them and tell em what you want...

https://doityourselflettering.com/

I have a buddy who owns a sign shop, from what I've seen I would say he could replicate that signature in vinyl.
As others are saying, any local sign shop that works with vinyl should be able to make that for you.

Latest posts