Question for Smokercraft Owners - Mounting Accessories

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahalls

Reaction score
20160712_170754.jpgHoping for some advice from those familiar with Smokercraft Fishing boats. I own a 2005 Promag that has a flat carpeted gunwale and a strip of padded vinyl trim on its edge. See pic. I have been wanting to get access underneath the flat portion near the stern to mount bolted plates ( for downriggers) but no one has been able to tell me how to remove the vinyl pads or how to get acccess underneath - if it is possible). I assume the thin aluminum sheet under the carpet isn't enough to support heavier accessories with just screws...any advice for me on how to affix things securely?? Thanks!!!

Were you referring to the cleat? I'm pretty sure it is mounted on a thin sheet of aluminum with perhaps a thin layer of wood too under the carpeted top.. Was hesitant to remove a cleat as if it's held on with a bolt/nut - I might not be able to remount it if I couldn't get access underneath. Hopefully someone who owns the same type of boat will have some experience to share. Thanks!

if it's anything like a rubrail ,pry it up and pull it off.then you can slide it back in the groove after.i'd bet the track is screwed down under the vinyl part.

Latest posts