Aluminum paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV1951

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Prepping the bottom half, getting ready for primer coat. Top half is gray Rustoleum and I am pleased with it. Don't want to take bottom half all the way down to metal, and thought about Rustoleum aluminum for the bottom. If I scratch it, it won't be as noticeable. Any one have any experience with aluminum paint? I will probably go with at least three coats.

Trailer is Rustoleum gloss black. Looking for contrast on the bottom against the gray and black.

I just painted with some today.
edaa2e40f63ddaaa38ed8cc286b5f2d0.jpg

I painted the inside of a little project tinny. It covers really well, half a quart made one coat without thinning. A foam roller lays it on nice and smooth. I found It had really separated in the can so get the store to shake it for you. I used a drill to stir it up. I had also thought of painting the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well ,in the end it may be a moot question. I think I have talked myself out of aluminum and going to Hunter Green. The aluminum may be a bit to bright and shiny.
I like it inside like on Weldor's set up.

WV1951 said:
Well ,in the end it may be a moot question. I think I have talked myself out of aluminum and going to Hunter Green. The aluminum may be a bit to bright and shiny.
I like it inside like on Weldor's set up.
If you are going green, I highly recommend Duralux. It's basically, if not exactly, the same stuff you see on most jon boats sold today. Painted a Grizzly 1648 with it about 4 years ago and the paint still looks new. If you want to spray it, you have to thin it with MEK.
c57a721af3acbfa7a1c253c9171b22cd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk