Plug through hole in transom from aerator pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschen

Reaction score
Hello,

New boat owner - bought a used 1977 Lund Mr. Pike. Haven't had a chance to bring it on the water yet it's still snowing where I'm located. Anyways I was doing a look over and tried to disconnect the hose from the aerator pump to the livewell and ended up breaking the out port of the pump. That led me to removing the whole pump. Now I have a through hole in the transom, I don't want to put another aerator pump there yet as I just want to take the boat on the water this season and then start a restoration project.

What are my best options on sealing that hole? I was thinking of installing a drain plug but looks like I'd need to put an additional 3 screw holes in the transom that I'd probably have to rivet later. Product I was thinking of: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7H1K1C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe I should buy another aerator pump and just install it there and not use it to keep the boat from leaking.

Any advise would be great.

Some thru hull fitting have internal threads to screw a plug into, or you can get an expanding rubber plug.

I used two fender washers and a 1/4" bolt. Use some sealer. No issues for year for me.

Latest posts