Good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude

Reaction score
Garmin echomap 53v without transducer.

$100 at the cabelas bargain cave. Transducers seem a little hard to come by...

You should be able to buy a transducer, I ordered mine without a transducer because they wanted me to use this chirp think that is about a foot long off the back of the transom and I wanted a thru hull. I don't care about 3d view of the bottom. I would look into that first though. I just ordered it through Garmin. It is actually made by Airmar, I think.

I powered up the unit last night and it works as expected! Found the tranducer on Amazon for $60 and will arrive today! All in I think I still saved about 40% from the best online price I could find.

Mine is the transom mount but no where near as long as the model you described. Is only a few inches deep per the specs.

Now I just need to figure out how to use all the features!

thedude said:
I powered up the unit last night and it works as expected! Found the tranducer on Amazon for $60 and will arrive today! All in I think I still saved about 40% from the best online price I could find.

Mine is the transom mount but no where near as long as the model you described. Is only a few inches deep per the specs.

Congrats on the new unit. You will be running through the menus blind folded before you know it. But, just make sure you take it out of demo mode when you get out on the lake. Just sayin......

LDUBS said:
thedude said:

Congrats on the new unit. You will be running through the menus blind folded before you know it. But, just make sure you take it out of demo mode when you get out on the lake. Just sayin......
Haha. It is hypnotizing. I can just hear it now. I never knew this boat ramp dropped off the 32 ft so quick! Appreciate the tip!

Latest posts